2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
    Ol Punkin' is pretty good two things, talking crap and finding fish. I'm sure you will do just fine though Chad may have to "work" more than normal haha. If anyone ever sold their soul, it was him. He's married to my good friends sister, good dude and heck of a fisherman.
    You got that right. Ole "Shoreline" can definitely talk caca and find fish.

>E

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I will still enter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Definitely. Winning was always just a side benefit.

That said, whatever prizes or money are left over and not awarded thru the caught redfish (tags), it will all be distributed via random drawings of all registered participants.

All parents should sign their kiddos up cuz even little Billy could win a $50k scholarship even though he stayed home playing xbox and never even got a line wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
        Definitely. Winning was always just a side benefit.

That said, whatever prizes or money are left over and not awarded thru the caught redfish (tags), it will all be distributed via random drawings of all registered participants.

All parents should sign their kiddos up cuz even little Billy could win a $50k scholarship even though he stayed home playing xbox and never even got a line wet.
        Yeah, last year a co-worker of mine went to port aransas to fish with a guide. He showed us pictures when he got back and his preteen granddaughter caught a 29'' trout. The guide just filleted it with the rest. I told them to enter the star before they left, but he didn't.

Comment

I went out again this morning to capture the progress of the clean up of our shorelines here in Rockport.

See the video here:

The Aransas County Navigation District has been working hard to clean things up. I've been watching for any reports from Texas Parks and Wildlife, but I'm sure their assessment will take some time.

Comment

Any reports from the Port Isabel/SPI area?

Comment

Just say'n...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Just say'n...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Catch and release was a really fun time in my life

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Catch and release was a really fun time in my life

I think most people would agree haha

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I made a run down to the Land Cut last Friday and it was worse than I expected. 10-50+# drum, 5-30# redfish and 25"+ trout were everywhere! We also saw a bunch of dead turtles. The reports I read stated the real carnage was on the south end but it was really bad from the very start. We didn't go beyond marker 9 but if the south end is worse, I didn't want to see it. Truly heartbreaking.

We fished for 5 hours and caught 3 trout and 1 redfish (All released).

Comment

Caught a mess of black drum and sheeps head this weekend. The drum were north of baffin. The sheeps head were in the Packery Channel. Caught several small reds and one beafy flounder.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                        I made a run down to the Land Cut last Friday and it was worse than I expected. 10-50+# drum, 5-30# redfish and 25"+ trout were everywhere! We also saw a bunch of dead turtles. The reports I read stated the real carnage was on the south end but it was really bad from the very start. We didn't go beyond marker 9 but if the south end is worse, I didn't want to see it. Truly heartbreaking.

We fished for 5 hours and caught 3 trout and 1 redfish (All released).
                        Pretty much exactly what I have been hearing. Tide Gauge area is pitiful

>E

Comment

Any reports from LLM Port Isabel to Cullen House?

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
                            Pretty much exactly what I have been hearing. Tide Gauge area is pitiful

>E
                            We picked a great time to move to Corpus! Going to need to get some Crappie 101 tips from you!!

Comment

Just got a report from landcut, 9 mile hole area. Lot of dead fish and most of the plumbing to and from catch tanks at the cabin broke.

Comment

TPWD report out on the freeze fish kill:
                                2021 freeze killed total of 3.8 million fish, all species.

As compared to the previous freezes:

December 1983: 14.4 million fishes killed with a geographic extent of the entire coast
                                February 1989: 11.3 million fishes killed with a geographic extent of East Matagorda Bay south to the Lower Laguna Madre
                                December 1989: 6.2 million fishes killed with a geographic extent of the entire coast

Full article here:

Comment

Working...
                                X