No announcement yet.

2021 White Bass Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any luck on lake Texana?? We are headed that way for some camping next week!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I caught about a dozen in the creek yesterday. They are one the move!

Comment

Couldn’t help myself and went back down to the creek this afternoon after honey doo’s and taking care of the farm critters. Few more fillets destined for hot grease and some bonus crappie. Several females moving in, both whites and crappie.

Love this time of year.

Comment

Anyone hit them on Buc yet?

Comment

I just moved to N.Tx 2 mths ago-don't really know where to go. I've been looking at google earth for creeks that dump into some lakes . Seems like there are quite a few options just not sure about accessability and parking??
            Anyone fishing above lake weatherford, Lake Worth, or Benbrook? Are any of these worth looking at-or should I look elsewhere?
            Lived in central Tx for 25 yrs-I know quite a few holes in the hill country. Kinda sux starting over but exciting at the same time.
            Last edited by sticknstring; 03-01-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
              I just moved to N.Tx 2 mths ago-don't really know where to go. I've been looking at google map for creeks that dump into some lakes . Seems like there are quite a few options just not sure about accessability and parking??
              Anyone fishing above lake weatherford, Lake Worth, or Benbrook? Are any of these worth looking at-or should I look elsewhere?
              Lived in central Tx for 25 yrs-I know quite a few holes in the hill country. Kinda sux starting over but exciting at the same time.
              Howdy,

Since you're in Aledo, you are close to one spot that can be productive, depending on water conditions. Just down the road from you, in Whiskey Flats-basically the intersection of Hwy 377 and the Trinity River-clear fork (south side of the 377 bridge). Work the banks from the bridge to as far as Benbrook Lake. Rooster tails, roadrunners, jigs, spoons, etc. in white, chartreuse, yellow, etc.
              Parking is south side of the bridge, along a little road that parallels 377. Use some caution in leaving your vehicle unattended, and hide your valuables, or leave them at home.

Good luck, and holler if you get into them down there!
              Last edited by sandbill; 03-01-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Can't wait! Going after them this weekend on waco.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Flex, are you going to head up the N Bosque or South? I’m thinking about heading out too this weekend.

Comment

I appreciate the input Sandbill!! Hopefully I'll get out there soon-I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                      Howdy,

Since you're in Aledo, you are close to one spot that can be productive, depending on water conditions. Just down the road from you, in Whiskey Flats-basically the intersection of Hwy 377 and the Trinity River-clear fork (south side of the 377 bridge). Work the banks from the bridge to as far as Benbrook Lake. Rooster tails, roadrunners, jigs, spoons, etc. in white, chartreuse, yellow, etc.
                      Parking is south side of the bridge, along a little road that parallels 377. Use some caution in leaving your vehicle unattended, and hide your valuables, or leave them at home.

Good luck, and holler if you get into them down there!
                      There is another creek that feeds into Benbrook that crosses 1187 near Mustang park

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        Chance you have a boat so you can hit them on Buch yr round. Really pretty easy fish to target

Comment

anybody know anywhere to give them a shot in or around Cypress creek around 45N area or any place near Spring/Tomball either from the bank or in a kayak?

Comment

Buc

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            I caught more whites than I could(or want to ) keep. They were on mid-lake humps and channel swings, jigging in about 40 FOW.
                            Nathan

Comment

Anyone have any advice for catching them on the fly this spring? Any favorite fly’s?

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
                                Flex, are you going to head up the N Bosque or South? I’m thinking about heading out too this weekend.

Gonna do some scouting and wait and watch the wind. Usually north bosque is on fire before south. I prefer to fish south. But I'll go north if the wind is going to make the ride to the south less than enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X