SpaceX Starlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpaceX Starlink

I signed up for SpaceX Starlink satellite internet after struggling with 3rd party 4G LTE internet providers. That dish can't get here soon enough! I'm expecting later 2021 before I get the notice that they can service my location, so until then, I'm stuck with crap internet.

My mom and dad just did the same. They are up in the mountains @ about 9k' and have cable internet but the reliability and speeds are abysmal.

Comment

Supposed to get my demo model, here shortly.
      I'm anxious to see how it performs.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        I signed up for SpaceX Starlink satellite internet after struggling with 3rd party 4G LTE internet providers. That dish can't get here soon enough! I'm expecting later 2021 before I get the notice that they can service my location, so until then, I'm stuck with crap internet.

Know anybody that has it? I’ve seriously considered it but the high hardware price kind of turned me off the last time I looked at it.

Our internet now is line of sight, and not terrible, but limited to 10mb/s. I know Starlink speeds far exceed that, but I have read mixed reviews about current reliability online.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the low orbiting satellites polluting the night sky.

I halfway kid, starlink's tech fascinates me but I am not looking forward to the day we're all staring up and just seeing satellites.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
            Know anybody that has it? I’ve seriously considered it but the high hardware price kind of turned me off the last time I looked at it.

Our internet now is line of sight, and not terrible, but limited to 10mb/s. I know Starlink speeds far exceed that, but I have read mixed reviews about current reliability online.
            Reliability will be based on several factors, #1 being the amount of satellites in your area.
            Your field of view will also need to be fairly wide.
            If you live in a hole, surrounded by trees, you're probably not gonna like it.
            Live at the base of a hill, or between 2 steep hills, you're probably not gonna like it.
            Also the Beta version is unlimited data, but that doesn't mean it will be unlimited once they leave beta, you may have data caps.
            Even still, the low latencies people are seeing in beta, means it will blow current satellite service away regardless of data caps.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

I halfway kid, starlink's tech fascinates me but I am not looking forward to the day we're all staring up and just seeing satellites.
              You and me both!!!
              Same as having to look at windmills, or showing up out west to hunt, and they sunk a bunch a wells in what was pristine nature.
              Progress is good and all, but it ain't worth a **** in some aspects.
              We'll be telling stories in 20 yrs, about how you used to be able to look into the night sky, and see nothing but a endless array of stars.
              I'm sure there's a lot more coming to, other than just Elons sats.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                You and me both!!!
                Same as having to look at windmills, or showing up out west to hunt, and they sunk a bunch a wells in what was pristine nature.
                Progress is good and all, but it ain't worth a **** in some aspects.
                We'll be telling stories in 20 yrs, about how you used to be able to look into the night sky, and see nothing but a endless array of stars.
                I'm sure there's a lot more coming to, other than just Elons sats.
                Amazon will be throwing a bunch up too.

My next adventure will involve going somewhere dark to stargaze like it's the last time I'll be able to do so.

Comment

Amazon will be throwing a bunch up too.

My next adventure will involve going somewhere dark to stargaze like it's the last time I'll be able to do so.
                  No "like" to it.
                  It very well may be the last time, especially at the rate they are currently being launched.

Comment

Been using it for few months. It's amazingly fast. No complaints. As far as satellites go 99% of the population can pick one out of the night sky.

Comment

Been using viasat for years and can't stand it! Signed up for notifications a few months ago for starlink and just got the email last week that it will be available soon and I put my $99 deposit in, anything has to be better than viasat or Hughes net

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm on the list too..

I hear ya..supposedly starlink is working on a way to mitigate the night sky pollution..im assuming through glare? You'd think with what they can do that'd be easy..problem would be the ones already orbiting I presume

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Any info on actual pricing? Thanks.

Comment

We've paid our deposit and hope it becomes available.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Any info on actual pricing? Thanks.
                              99 pre order..499 for equipment when ready to ship..99 month service fee

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X