No announcement yet.

Anxiety help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen. Bro. Bill said it well. Prayers up.

Comment

PM sent , been down this road before.

Comment

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. No meds and most folks only need 2 or 3 sessions to get relief. It works!

Edit: Prayer, bible reading and exercise increase the results tremendously.

Comment

Been through it, throw the pills in the trash, they made my life a living hell for six months. Exercise, therapy, family, god, and Time. It will get better.

Comment

i went through some things when i was younger and the meds did nothing but make me lifeless. as many others have said, exercise does wonders. i also read the bible and listen to positive thinking types of podcasts about dealing with adversity. Marcus Luttrell has one called team never quit thats pretty good and Ray Lewis used to as well

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

The Headspace app is good for guided meditation, and it helped me quite a bit. Just to observe the anxiety as a thing separate from me and not as something that is consuming me. Doesn’t always mean it will be a snap of the fingers type solution but it helps with recognizing it instead of feeling helpless

Comment

And stay off of the internet!

Comment

Prayers for you Brother. Dig in and get through it, this to shall pass.

Comment

Drop all alcohol intake. That’s my number one fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

During the early part of the day you can take Pseudoephedrine with the Tylenol but it will disturb sleeping patterns.

I recommend the Tylenol only if it keeps emotions in check which it does for most folk.
                        Last edited by Johnny44; 02-14-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          Been through it, throw the pills in the trash, they made my life a living hell for six months. Exercise, therapy, family, god, and Time. It will get better.
                          Telling people to throw their pills in the trash is the most ignorant thing i have read on here , worst advise ever. You have know idea what medication was prescribed for what mental issue.

Comment

x2 on the headspace app, it really helps. And depending on what the doc prescribed, it can take between 2-6 weeks to kick in, but it is proven to work. And as someone else mentioned, if you can get into cognitive behavioral therapy, that will really be most beneficial.

Comment

Exercise and Stoicism

Comment

The diet part of handling anxiety is important too. Eat better. Eat health. Eliminate or severally cut back on alcohol intake.

Comment

Working...
                                X