Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a Can-am, what accessories? Gun rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atcfisherman View Post
    Make sure you invest in aftermarket brake pads. Can-Am's brakes are the worst. I have 400 miles on my Outlander and about to do the 4th brake job. And it's mostly used on deer lease and farm. This time I'm putting on aftermarket brake pads. Can Am is aware of this, but will not acknowledge this.
    A lot of the heavy mud guys are using Brass pads and having success keeping brakes on them. I know your pain. I got really good at replacing pads when I owned a Can Am. Beware though, your braking power will be slightly diminished.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post

Front aftermarket replacement bumper, road feeder, rear high seat, aluminum top, and a usb charging port mounted in the dash so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Who did your seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayniecat23 View Post
        Opinions on half doors? Like em? Hate em? Who makes the best?
        CanAM brand half doors are the best we have found here. I am going to bite the bullet for a set soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
          I added this

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
          Can I get some details on this mod?

Comment

Buddy of mine has this gun rack that mounts to the floor. It is out of the way and very sturdy. Highly recommend.

Shop Dual Gun Holder - (sku: 715005265). Can-Am® Off-Road US Official Store offers free delivery over $100!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
              Those are Kolpin ratcheting rhino grips (21540) but I cannot on god's green earth imagine why someone would mount a gun in them like that. Woof.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Who did your seat?

YOUR OWN PATH SHOP PRODUCTS WELCOME TO BIG COUNTRY OUTDOORS As evidenced by our company’s name, Big Country Outdoors provides hunters and outdoorsman with all of the equipment they need, including hunting ATV and UTV accessories. From hunting high seats to roofs designed with hunter’s needs in mind, we have everything you need to make…

Comment

for all you guys that have a can am

What package is your can am? I'm looking at the defender max. Where
                  did you find the best deal and what did you pay if you don't mind sharing. I like the
                  Can ams due to more ground clearance, what made you pick Can Am over kawasaki,
                  or Polaris?

Thanks

Comment

2020 defender 1000 xmr, 3 in lift, 35 in bkt tires and a pro top box. Right at 27,000, its a bad mojo

Comment

if anyone has a take off front bumper they want to get rid of, let me know. I need one for my defender.

I added a Super ATV flip up front windshield, a metal roof and a quick draw overhead gun rack to mine.
                      Im going to add cube lights to the back, front bumper, winch, front led, and a few others. Im just taking one thing at a time for now.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                        for all you guys that have a can am

What package is your can am? I'm looking at the defender max. Where
                        did you find the best deal and what did you pay if you don't mind sharing. I like the
                        Can ams due to more ground clearance, what made you pick Can Am over kawasaki,
                        or Polaris?

Thanks
                        I have an HD8 Max DPS
                        I bought mine at Hoffpauir in Goldthwaite.
                        Justin Spies on here at East Texas Power Sports has good prices too.
                        They were within a few dollars of each other. The only reason I went with Hoffy's was the distance for me to go get it.

I spoke with just about every dealership from SA to DFW and Lufkin to San Angelo and not one of the others dealerships got anywhere close to the 2 above. I mean they were $2000-$3000 and a few even more higher than those 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                          I can't take credit for the idea. Another member had posted and provided this link:

I did my version for ~$65 and still have material to do another. Koplin ratchet style grips, 1/4" plastic sheet (polypropylene), and self tapping screws from home depot. I had to do it twice as by AR stock is fixed and I needed to get the grips higher to clear the magazine. The one posted in link above would not have worked with my AR either.

You could do any plastic or metal plate if you wanted. I wanted plastic to prevent any corrosion.

Even though I picked up existing holes on the underside of the seat, I did have to enlarge slightly and drill thru. All in all, pretty simple mod.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                            I can't take credit for the idea. Another member had posted and provided this link:

I did my version for ~$65 and still have material to do another. Koplin ratchet style grips, 1/4" plastic sheet (polypropylene), and self tapping screws from home depot. I had to do it twice as by AR stock is fixed and I needed to get the grips higher to clear the magazine. The one posted in link above would not have worked with my AR either.

You could do any plastic or metal plate if you wanted. I wanted plastic to prevent any corrosion.

Even though I picked up existing holes on the underside of the seat, I did have to enlarge slightly and drill thru. All in all, pretty simple mod.
                            Instead of the flat plat I used round bar so I could adjust the koplin grips to the horizontal position when the seat is up, also added a pin that installs to keep the seat from falling.

Comment

Added the SuperAtv rear bumper to the hd10...

Changed out the silver D ring shackles...

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post

Front aftermarket replacement bumper, road feeder, rear high seat, aluminum top, and a usb charging port mounted in the dash so far.

what brand is that front bumper?

Comment

Working...
                                X