2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    I like the silver glitter with the black tail. I caught and released a 6lb'er acouple weeks ago on one. When I hooked the fish 4 or 5 finger mullet came out of the water, it was chasing them and bit me instead. They're great around grass and shell like you said.

Birthday suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      Birthday suit?

You couldn't find a trout if he swam in your net....

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's like everything else. You can keep it simple or complicate the hell out of it.

As far as corkys get whatever looks good to you. My suggestion for colors is the same for corkys as any other lure. Buy a couple light colored ones, a couple dark colored ones and a couple natural looking ones. For me, pearl chart back and pearl black back have done lots and lots of catching over the years. Pearl and pink is good. Gold sides/black back and orange belly is another good one. Solid white is good. Silver sides black back is good. Really it all comes down to what you like. The fish genuinely don't care. If it looks right and they are eating and they can see it they will eat it.

I like fat boys, devils and the soft dines. Just pick a couple. If you are not sure about them just pick up a couple and play around with them.

Other than that soft plastic paddletails and jerk baits on jig heads have been catching tons of fish lately and will all winter. You can catch fish on them all year long. Change up your head weights to get where you need it to be. I throw alot of 1/4-3/8 oz in the winter. Try different stuff till you get 'em to eat. Be patient and go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Corky fishing is too slow for me. Lol. I use the same thing I use all the time, just slow it down some. Hogie super minnow on a 1/16oz head and just slow crank it in.
          Nothing like a Corky bite when that line thumps all the way up your arm. And there not any slower than a ⅙Oz head.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
            The common thing with what we've all said is a bigger lure is better this time of year.
            I disagree. They will eat small baits all winter just fine. If all you throw is big baits in the winter what are you going to catch all your fish on? Big baits. Big baits can be good but so can small baits.

You can catch fish all year long on standard sized 3-5" soft plastics. And big fish too. It's funny to me, winter rolls around and what do you hear? Big baits, shallow water, soft mud, fish slow. Well that is just one way. You can also catch 'em over shell in deep water on small plastics. In the rivers on small plastics. Over hard sand stacked like cord wood in knee deep guts on anything that hits the water. The size of bait isn't nearly as important as getting it in their face and having it there when they decide to eat. They are gonna be where the bait is and they are gonna eat when they get dang well good and ready. Don't get tunnel vision on where they are supposed to be in the winter and how you are supposed to catch them in the winter. You'll miss out on some great opportunities. Take it for what it is worth.

Comment

Birthday suit?

Yes, that's it. It's just what I have confidence in.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                I disagree. They will eat small baits all winter just fine. If all you throw is big baits in the winter what are you going to catch all your fish on? Big baits. Big baits can be good but so can small baits.

You can catch fish all year long on standard sized 3-5" soft plastics. And big fish too. It's funny to me, winter rolls around and what do you hear? Big baits, shallow water, soft mud, fish slow. Well that is just one way. You can also catch 'em over shell in deep water on small plastics. In the rivers on small plastics. Over hard sand stacked like cord wood in knee deep guts on anything that hits the water. The size of bait isn't nearly as important as getting it in their face and having it there when they decide to eat. They are gonna be where the bait is and they are gonna eat when they get dang well good and ready. Don't get tunnel vision on where they are supposed to be in the winter and how you are supposed to catch them in the winter. You'll miss out on some great opportunities. Take it for what it is worth.
                You are very correct. I was just answering his Corky question. A lot of people are unsure on how or when to throw them. I wish I could catch every fish on a top water or a Corky, truth is I catch most on paddle tails. And most of them are small paddle tails.

Comment

Birthday suit?

For cold weather, I like any of the top three if the water is pretty clear. Greener water, darker cloudy days go with the darker ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post

Shhhhhh

Send them winter guys to shallow mud flats to drudge thru the mud while I drift deep water from the boat

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      just a little different hookset, more like a bass hookset.

Can you expand on this? When I set the hook on a bass I’m teeing one off from the long box, in other words I’m swinging for the fences.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        Can you expand on this? When I set the hook on a bass I’m teeing one off from the long box, in other words I’m swinging for the fences.

Sierracharlie out....
                        You got it.

Not quit that hard but harder than with a soft plastic on a jig head, or twitch bait with trebles. With the TSL, the hook is not exposed. You have to pull it thru the plastic (same as a Texas rigged worm bass fishing).

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          You couldn't find a trout if he swam in your net....

Comment

^^^^^

If I aint perch jerkin, my hook set is trying to put that fish in my lap from 50 yards no matter what kinda water he swims in

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                              You got it.

Not quit that hard but harder than with a soft plastic on a jig head, or twitch bait with trebles. With the TSL, the hook is not exposed. You have to pull it thru the plastic (same as a Texas rigged worm bass fishing).

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Makes complete sense

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                Nothing like a Corky bite when that line thumps all the way up your arm. And there not any slower than a ⅙Oz head.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                                A'int no Crappy ever ate no Corky... dang East Texas Hunters...

Comment

Working...
                                X