No announcement yet.

2021 White Bass Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t wait to get back out there chasing them this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When they're catching on jigs tie 2 like a speck rig and really get at it.

We used to have a spot on the trinity we'd jig speck rigs on a log jam and slay em

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        Clean em right and they taste just as good, and alot funner to catch.
        Lot of folks swear catfish is the best, some only want op, some like blue or channel.
        I know how to clean em and I've eaten plenty growing up.
        I like other fish better I dont eat boar hog and I prefer cow elk to bull and doe to whitetail buck just preference.

But I encourage yall to catch everyone that swims so I don't catch em while bass fishing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

They bite from Sept till May. Then quit in June-August, cause I don't fish in the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I have eat pretty much every fish in Texas fresh water. There is no fish I would rather have than 12 to 14 inch male white bass. I usually cull limits if this size. We often catch a lot of crappie at the same time. I fry them together and noone can tell which is which. I prefer the whites because they fillet more consistent.
            Oh my

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a fly tying setup for Christmas with plans to tie some jigs for white bass this year.

I may need some lessons from your son...my first attempt was pretty bad

Comment

cannot wait to get back in the creeks, might have to give it a shot after a duck hunt! There is nothing better then when the sandbass get thick in the creeks

Comment

If anyone needs someone to tag along, I would welcome the opportunity, but in about 7 weeks after rehab on my shoulder.

Before I left Temple area/College Station in 1975 and moved to Lubbock. I have fished the Leon above Lake Belton and a few places on the Colorado River (Lemmons Camp) and would absolutely slay them. After being away from this action for 45 years, I would love to get back into it, just do not know where to go today!

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                    I got a fly tying setup for Christmas with plans to tie some jigs for white bass this year.

I may need some lessons from your son...my first attempt was pretty bad
                    He is back at em this morning. I will update later on how he did. I know he is catching a few

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      If anyone needs someone to tag along, I would welcome the opportunity, but in about 7 weeks after rehab on my shoulder.

Before I left Temple area/College Station in 1975 and moved to Lubbock. I have fished the Leon above Lake Belton and a few places on the Colorado River (Lemmons Camp) and would absolutely slay them. After being away from this action for 45 years, I would love to get back into it, just do not know where to go today!
                      Go on the Granger Ranger hunt. They'll show you where to catch them on the San Gabriel River.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        He is back at em this morning. I will update later on how he did. I know he is catching a few
                        Unkle Pat say dem is trash fish, only good for cut bait and such.

I caught one in his boat and he hollered, "dont let that trash touch my boat". It was an accident and slid out of my hands and landed on his fancy side view monitor thing. He got mad and slung his fishing pole in the lake, but he found it again with his trolling motor. Them Zebco's hold alot of string and that trolling motor found it all.

Comment

Lmao Radar!🤣 Don't let uncle Pat fool you. Im gonna get his big arse in creek here real soon! Not sure they make waders that tall though 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

I hear the Colorado is a great place for catching whites, specifically around Colorado Bend SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Humble

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              Spring Creek I presume?

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                                Lmao Radar!🤣 Don't let uncle Pat fool you. Im gonna get his big arse in creek here real soon! Not sure they make waders that tall though 🤔
                                Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X