Make your pitch for best dog breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    I have about $5000 worth of damage receipts that would argue with you.

Pulled Septic Control Panel out of ground.
    Chewed Polaris steering wheel so bad couldn't use it.
    Ate two Polaris head rests.
    Chewed hole in Polaris seat.
    Popped Polaris Mud tire with mouth.
    Pulled pool pump loose from pipe and into yard.
    Ate wife's custom drapes.

F-U Beatrice. I hope your new owners kick you.
    My Rottweiler ate the front seats out of my 66 Mustang. Turned out to be the best dog of my 56 years on this earth

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      Most of the dogs listed above need a lot of exercise to keep them from getting bored. When they get bored they get into stuff and tear it up. I'd look into a non working breed, unless you have time to work them.
      Agree 100%. I need a dog as lazy as I am so I will always stick with a lab or golden retriever. Both of which checks every box on your list. On the lab I would look at an English lab over American lab. English labs tend to be more layed back in personality. They have the big block head, shorter legs, and otter like tail. American labs are more of your field trial labs some of which have too much energy for my taste.

Here is my big boy Ranger. We will all be absolutely crushed when he passes on. Fortunately he just turned 5 last week.
      Attached Files

Comment

Headed to Tyler to pick out a Labradoodle from one of the 16 Sog45 has to adopt!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

I’ve owned a lot of different dogs through the years, mostly being German breeds. Don’t think I’ll look any further than a German wirehair from here on out. Very regal personality that waits for direction. She water retrieved, land retrieved, tracked wounded deer with patience naturally with a want to do it well in the first year. Nothing can hide from her nose. She’s not aggressive, but confident in her ability, and great family dog at the end of the day.

She spends 6-8 hours a day in her kennel in the house while we are at work, never wastes a bark, and frequently makes 5+ hour road trips with us. She can load up into a truck tailgate 5’ off the ground without assistance, and can run 28mph for a mile without slowing across the river bottom hayfield. Firecrackers, thunder and gunshots have never bothered her.

Didn’t have the coin or time to spend on training a drahthaar, and haven’t second guessed my decision once with our less expensive German Wirehair named “Mavis”
          This right here! My German Wirehair was such and awesome dog and I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

Comment

Get you either a GSP or GWP. They are psychos but they will make or break you as a dog owner. Lol

Couple of pictures from the past weekend.
            Attached Files

Comment

Made our choice. Thanks for playing.

Comment

You just gonna leave us hanging? Cmon Gunny

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                  You just gonna leave us hanging? Cmon Gunny

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
                  I think he decided. Post #153

Comment

Beagles.....period! Medium sized, born to hunt ANYTHING, perfect with kids and adults, super fast learners, eat anything you feed them, no hip or leg issues, protective & loyal, can live in the house, barn, yard or even under the house!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                        Headed to Tyler to pick out a Labradoodle from one of the 16 Sog45 has to adopt!

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=851458
                        Cool deal!!! Both breeds are hunters so you got the best of both worlds.......worker & house pet!!

Comment

We’re calling her Maggie

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8B1B32E-5366-4AFC-A4E8-B4DF460DA73F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	24692026

Comment

Maggie looks perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              Good choice my sister-in-law brought a Labradoodle to the farm a couple of years ago, and he's now my mother-in-law's yard dog. Incredibly smart, high energy yet pretty calm at the same time. The only flaw with him in particular, is an extreme overbite...which causes his chin to be a perpetual nasty mess other than that, he's a great dog

Comment

GSP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X