No announcement yet.

CPAP Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only difference between you and I, OP, is you don’t have a CPAP. We’re both dependent on it for a good nights sleep, you just don’t know it yet. Get one and live better and most importantly, longer !

Comment

Getting a CPAP machine was the best thing I ever did. I had extremely bad apnea and was a 10 on the loud snoring scale according to the sleep doctor. Tired all the time regardless of how many hours I “slept” at night. I slept on the couch at home for years and in my truck at the lease to keep from disturbing everyone around me.

The first time I tried it about 20 years ago, I couldn’t get use to the mask and elected to have the uvuloplasty surgery, had the “hanger-downer” in the back of my throat cut out. Extremely painful recovery (surgery combined with a nasal roto-rooter and deviated septum repair. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SURGERY. This only worked for a few years until I gained some weight and was back to snoring again.

I had another sleep study, diagnosed again with apnea and was prescribed another CPAP machine. There’s been a lot of advancements in the masks I. The last 20 years and I was able to get use to it almost immediately. I get good rest now, get to sleep in my bed and am much happier/healthier/rested, etc. I won’t go anywhere without my CPAP again. Absolutely the best decision I ever made

My advice is to get one now,you won’t be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post
        Getting a CPAP machine was the best thing I ever did. I had extremely bad apnea and was a 10 on the loud snoring scale according to the sleep doctor. Tired all the time regardless of how many hours I “slept” at night. I slept on the couch at home for years and in my truck at the lease to keep from disturbing everyone around me.

The first time I tried it about 20 years ago, I couldn’t get use to the mask and elected to have the uvuloplasty surgery, had the “hanger-downer” in the back of my throat cut out. Extremely painful recovery (surgery combined with a nasal roto-rooter and deviated septum repair. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SURGERY. This only worked for a few years until I gained some weight and was back to snoring again.

I had another sleep study, diagnosed again with apnea and was prescribed another CPAP machine. There’s been a lot of advancements in the masks I. The last 20 years and I was able to get use to it almost immediately. I get good rest now, get to sleep in my bed and am much happier/healthier/rested, etc. I won’t go anywhere without my CPAP again. Absolutely the best decision I ever made

My advice is to get one now,you won’t be disappointed.
        The only problem I had was fairly regular sinus infections. Most likely caused by not frequent enough cleanings. I got a So Clean and I don’t have that problem anymore. It seemed to work for me.

Comment

Here is a thread I started on 6/6/19. Lots of good info in it.

Comment

I advise everyone to try different masks. When you find the right mask you will wear it all night without tossing and turning. The one I use comes over the top of my head, and has small soft tubes that run down the side of my head, with a small silicon tube with a slit in it that fits under my nose. Allows me to be on my back or either side, though I sleep on my back since all the surgery. I will get the brand and model.

If you buy at cpap.com and buy insurance, you can return a mask if you don't like it.

Comment

Getting my Apap 7 years ago was a game changer (life saver) for me and I have not slept once without it in that time.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything on this new device from Inspire? Suppose to be a deal inserted under the skin and activated by a remote just before you go to bed. If a legit option, it could be a game changer for those of us that like to do pack in hunts out west.

Comment

I've had mine for about 25 years. Even take it hunting and used it when I was clmbing. I've tried mouthpieces but they don't work for me. The setup I have weighs about 19oz and can fit in my pack easily. I have a fold up solar that will extend the battery from two nights to four and even longer if I have good sunny days. I dont have the 12 volt charging cord but it would be very handy for car camping. I've even used mine on my kayak after setting up early for ducks.

You will miss it when you don't have one. Get the test. Get the CPAP and start sleeping better.

Comment

Guess this is hard to argue with..... Gonna get the wife give the doc a call tomorrow. One more graveyard and headed to the hill country for a few days!

Comment

Put it this way, if I have 30 mins for a nap, Ill go up stairs and put on the mask . It makes that much of a difference for me.

Comment

6 hrs with the machine is like 9 hours without it!

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
                          6 hrs with the machine is like 9 hours without it!
                          Amen.....i can get 4 hours sometimes and feel a MILLION times better than I use to feel on 8+.....best thing is I have zero memories of waking up in the night..... Common occurrence years ago

Comment

Best thing I ever did. Never realized how terrible I was sleeping and exactly how tired I had been until I got a CPAP.

It absolutely changed my life.

Comment

Mine is considered severe, can’t nap without it but it’s good to be able to sleep. Takes getting used to but by all means keep at it till you do. You’ll never look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

CPAP probably saved my life and my marriage.

Comment

Working...
                                X