CPAP Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPAP Users

Did not want to hijack the so clean thread so I started a new one once i saw how many people replied to it. My wife has been begging me for the last 3 years to have a sleep study bc I gasp in the middle of the night and never wake up rested. Can sleep 10 hours and wake up tired. I kind of fear they will prescribe me a machine which is not necessarily a bad thing but I would hate to become dependent on it. My FIL swears by his and goes nowhere with out it, if he forgets it he fills like crap til he gets home. Do those of you who use one experience the same?

Well, with the inarguable serious health dangers associated with apnea it makes no sense to go another day untested.....IMOP

If you are diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea I'll guarantee you'll feel much better post treatment. It's not a joking matter....read up on all the health destroying issues associated with apnea.

Lastly, would you rather feel consistently better using a cpap and risk feeling worse on the rare occasion you can't.....or.....almost guarantee that you'll have long term serious health issues by not using one at all???

Btw, there is a more than fair probability that you'll feel better than you have in years, maybe decades, by using one.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 10-19-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Do the study, What do you have to lose? Nothing bad will come out of it.

Comment

If you have apnea, you will be dependent on the cpap. Willingly dependent I promise.
        PM me if you want to talk about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
          Did not want to hijack the so clean thread so I started a new one once i saw how many people replied to it. My wife has been begging me for the last 3 years to have a sleep study bc I gasp in the middle of the night and never wake up rested. Can sleep 10 hours and wake up tired. I kind of fear they will prescribe me a machine which is not necessarily a bad thing but I would hate to become dependent on it. My FIL swears by his and goes nowhere with out it, if he forgets it he fills like crap til he gets home. Do those of you who use one experience the same?
          Yes

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Been on CPAP for 15 Years. Should have been longer but I was hard headed. I will never sleep without in now. There is serious health dangers associated with sleep apnea. Go in with an Open Mind and Get a Sleep Study.

Comment

cpap

I was very skeptical originally because it seemed that virtually everyone I knew or heard of that was tested, did have apnea, and required a cpap. No one ever came back negative. However, my nap time has decreased and energy level increased since I've been on it.

Comment

I guess they take some time to get use to. I've had mine for about 4 weeks and I'm still not use to wearing it. Maybe I toss and turn too much while I sleep but I get tangled in the hose and that wakes me up.
                Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                  I guess they take some time to get use to. I've had mine for about 4 weeks and I'm still not use to wearing it. Maybe I toss and turn too much while I sleep but I get tangled in the hose and that wakes me up.
                  Good luck!
                  I did the same when I got mine. Took me almost 6 months before I really slept all night with it. But, now, I won't go anywhere without it.

Comment

My HS best friend died from apnea. I've been on CPAP ever since. Been about 25 years now. I don't sleep worth a crap without it. It does make a difference.

Comment

Good luck!
                      Run your hose up over the head board. I used to get wrapped up in the hose, but with it hanging down from above, it hasn't happened again.

Comment

I credit mine with saving my life and marriage. I go nowhere without mine. Like others have said "willingly dependent ".

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

I'm the same. I'm coming up on a year. I'll put it on at bedtime, sleep anywhere between 2 and 4 hours with it (according to the machine), and when I wake up in the morning, its sitting on my nightstand.

I never remember taking it off.

Comment

I've had mine since 2006. Love the **** thing. Never could I imagine forgetting mine. NEVER!! It gets packed first before my clothes! I was happy that I was prescribed a machine because I knew something was bad wrong with all the headaches and the waking up choking that was going on. It was almost a sigh of relief....for me and my wife. I woke up feeling like a new man.

Bottom line....I'd rather be dependent on a machine that helps me stay alive than DEAD! Do a search on Reggie White former Packers DE. I bet he'd rather have had the machine now. Better yet ask his widow.

It took me just a couple of days to get fully used to it, but I also went in with the total mindset that this would extend/save my life and help my marriage as far as sleeping arrangements. That mindset got me used to it quick instead of a using the hardheaded easily annoyed impatient crotchity ol fart drama mentality fighting it I see so prevalent on here..
                            Last edited by Smart; 10-20-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              My HS best friend died from apnea. I've been on CPAP ever since. Been about 25 years now. I don't sleep worth a crap without it. It does make a difference.
                              Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Run your hose up over the head board. I used to get wrapped up in the hose, but with it hanging down from above, it hasn't happened again.
                              Exactly !

Comment

Working...
                              X