No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a nice father son hunt and awesome axis.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
      That’s awesome Shane!! Congrats to your dad! I guess the sika bucks have shown up now after you were only seeing does.
      Yep. We saw several bucks. Rut is in full swing for them. I did find out that the landowner doesn't want anyone to shoot a sika though, so we're not hunting them. She is hoping to see them increase in number. I'd love to see that too. They're really cool.

Comment

It's been very slow, the cooler temps helped but the bucks are feeding all night and mainly does come into the feeders during the feed times.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shooters on camera at every feeding. I hunted this weekend and none showed. Blanco county deer are tough!!

Comment

My wife took a great one this evening. Awesome experience tracking the blood with our five year old. We made some great memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is an awesome buck and you cant beat those memories!

Comment

Congratulations to your wife! That's a nice buck. Looks like your young hunter had a good time as well.

Comment

Congrats to your Wife! Great buck! Memories for life there!

Comment

Here are some doe kills over the past few years that shows how low they can drop...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-670TxztuI"]Drop it Low...Doe Edition - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Awesome video!

Comment

2 shooters showed up Monday morning then disappeared since....
                        Aoudad are in full rut also

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                          Awesome video!
                          Without a camera it can be tricky to know exactly where you hit. I'm headed back down Friday night after work even though the moon will still be bright.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                            Without a camera it can be tricky to know exactly where you hit. I'm headed back down Friday night after work even though the moon will still be bright.

Keep us updated! At this rate I may get to hunt again in November.

Comment

Man that guy could be special in another 2 years.

I think this is going be be my target this year. There are 3 or 4 different 8pts between 4 and 8 years old that need to go as well. Should be a good year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are some awesome looking bucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X