No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very awesome. Have you tried just bone colored trap? Can’t find bone color anywhere.

Comment

Not sure I understand. Bone color trap? A Rattle Trap or bone colored soft plastics?

Comment

Have poured a few plastics myself and can honestly say those look absolutely amazing! You've got some talent for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          Not sure I understand. Bone color trap? A Rattle Trap or bone colored soft plastics?
          Sorry for the confusion, yes a bone colored rattle trap.

I contacted Mann's worm company about making zebra striped(black with white zebra stripes) augur tail worms like they use to sell in the 80's. They would only do a private order of 2500 worms. I couldn't keep the bass off of them.

Nice work sir!

Comment

A rattle trap would be easy to paint with just a rattle can. Use a sharpie for the eyes. The fish don't care how pretty I make a lure, none have ever stopped and admired one lol.
            I started making lures because I wanted a black and white paddle tail and nobody was interested in making them. I catch 10 times as many reds on black and white paddle tails than any other color I make.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Very nice work, and that takes a lot of talent. Great details and color.

Comment

These are turning out great!

Comment

Tried to get a picture that shows the color blending. Y wife says I shouldn't throw it. It's going to get wet soon. We'll see if they'll eat their own.
                    Dang that's sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                      Sorry for the confusion, yes a bone colored rattle trap.

I contacted Mann's worm company about making zebra striped(black with white zebra stripes) augur tail worms like they use to sell in the 80's. They would only do a private order of 2500 worms. I couldn't keep the bass off of them.

Nice work sir!
                      Kurt here's a bone Rattle Trap for you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Kurt here's a bone Rattle Trap for you.
                        Very nice work Kevin, that takes a lot of talent. Bad to the bone!

Comment

I finally got this one done. I cut and carved it out of poplar. It's a 4" jointed swim bait. I went for kind of a croaker look to it. These glide type baits are a puzzle to me, they're difficult to get the action and sink rate I'm looking for. Big trout season is moving along and I'm not as far along as I'd like. But hey it looks pretty good.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The other side.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Yes it do look good!

Comment

Working...
                                X