What Would You Have Done??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    When you go to McDonalds, you should expect to run into strange, messed up individuals. I don't go to McDonalds, unless there is nothing else around. There are a few areas, I go, where that is about the only place to eat. I have to really think about, do I want to walk in that place and deal with whatever is in there or wait till I am in some other area, and get lunch.

Wal-Mart and McDonalds are two places where you can count on seeing some strange stuff walking or rolling or crawling around. Then McDonalds, usually has a higher percentage of highly odd, strange, messed up individuals than Wal-Mart.
    We used to stop for breakfast on the way to archery tournaments when we lived in Texas. We haven't been in one since 2017 or I should say my wife hasn't. She always went in and I stayed in the truck.

Here in Iowa there is one McDonalds 25 miles to the south in Kirksville, Missouri and one 25 miles to the north in Ottumwa, Iowa. We never been to either one. Nowadays we eat out maybe once or twice a year and never fast food. If we have guests we will treat them to an Iowa tenderloin at Southfork restaurant in Bloomfield.

One of the reasons we moved to rural Iowa was to get away from the the madness and by God it has worked. We saw the mail lady, one tractor, and one truck yesterday. No one has passed by today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
      This is good to know.

I’ll be darn sure to remember that if I come across an accident or something suspicious.
      I don’t know if you intended to be facetious but…

I said nothing about nor suggested not being a witness. I was responding to calling the police and telling them that “you” had just pulled a gun on somebody to “get your story in first”.

The OP told his wife that he was probably going to jail. To that it was suggested, call the police and let them know who you are.

There is a huge difference between that and calling 911 and saying I just saw a robbery and giving a description.

If you want to call the police and tell them you think you might be in trouble for committing a crime but you’re not sure of the law, feel free to do so. I’m sure they will appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        I don’t know if you intended to be facetious but…

I said nothing about nor suggested not being a witness. I was responding to calling the police and telling them that “you” had just pulled a gun on somebody to “get your story in first”.

The OP told his wife that he was probably going to jail. To that it was suggested, call the police and let them know who you are.

There is a huge difference between that and calling 911 and saying I just saw a robbery and giving a description.

If you want to call the police and tell them you think you might be in trouble for committing a crime but you’re not sure of the law, feel free to do so. I’m sure they will appreciate it.
        Your insight and opinions are appreciated. You have way more experience and knowledge of the law than most of us here.

I used my own experience as reference to the video from Claremore, Oklahoma that I included at the bottom of my post. That was actually what my question "What would you have done"? concerned.

From the replies think a lot of people that replied to my post did not watch the video. This was a pretty violent attack/action that this guy perpetrated. I think some people would have taken this as a life threatening attack and would have responded accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

No jail for you- your property and yourself were being attacked- you have the right to protect yourself and your property.

Comment

I had a similar situation a few years back. Was running errands and offered to take my young son for shaved ice after we finished. On the way we stopped at a stop light and as I normally do, I checked my surroundings, and make eye contact with the car next to me with a pair of guys. They apparently took it as a sign of aggression and when the light turned green, they did a lane change in the middle of the intersection and followed me a 1/2 block to the shaved ice stand. They proceeded to get out of the car and bang on my window demanding I get out. The driver was clearly under the influence. I drew my weapon, I didn’t phase him, but the passenger got the message loud and clear. He finally convinced his buddy that maybe banging on my window wasn’t in their best interest and they moved on.

Comment

I do not go to McDonalds but you did why you had to do.. Handled the situation.. Asking what others would have done is not really needed.. 40 people will give 40 different answers..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                I do not go to McDonalds but you did why you had to do.. Handled the situation.. Asking what others would have done is not really needed.. 40 people will give 40 different answers..
                It has been 5 years since we have been in a McDonalds. We don't eat out anymore and definitely no fast food.

I was actually asking about the video I linked from Claremore, Oklahoma where the guy punched out the window of the lady's car.

I was just referencing my experience because it was somewhat similar. I would probably do what I did again. You never know. Too may variables and sometimes a person just reacts.

Comment

I dont know what I would have done, but I do know those tenderloin sandwiches are pretty awesome. Cant wait to have another one!!

Comment

I was driving on I30 in rockwall last year. I was in the left lane getting ready to pass a white car in the right lane. A gold Dodge Ram comes flying up behind the white car and attempts to squeeze in between me and the white car. He runs out of room and slides over directly behind me almost hitting my truck. I look in my mirror and this guy is yelling a shooting me the finger. I pass the white car and immediately get over in the right lane to let him pass. He pulls up beside me and holds up a Glock with an extended clip(I bet it held 50 rounds) I got behind him and called the police. They had me stay behind him until we got to royse city where they pulled him over. They had me go up to the next exit and get off the highway to meet one of the other officers who had me fill out a statement. He then told me
                    He couldn’t do anything about him showing me the gun. He said he would be arrested for being a gang member felon in possession of a firearm. He said there was no law against actually showing me the gun. About three months ago the DA called me wanting me to testify that I seen the gun. I said the police told me there was no law against him showing it to me. The DA said that’s correct we are getting him for felon in possession of a firearm. I said well you don’t need me for that you have his gun. I always though it was illegal to show a gun to somebody in anger but I guess it’s not.

Comment

Probably the best way to handle that, roll down the window and no clue what the crazy mfs are capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash Thornton View Post
                        Probably the best way to handle that, roll down the window and no clue what the crazy mfs are capable of.
                        So remove the only barrier between you and an aggressor? That sounds like a fantastic approach!

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                          I was driving on I30 in rockwall last year. I was in the left lane getting ready to pass a white car in the right lane. A gold Dodge Ram comes flying up behind the white car and attempts to squeeze in between me and the white car. He runs out of room and slides over directly behind me almost hitting my truck. I look in my mirror and this guy is yelling a shooting me the finger. I pass the white car and immediately get over in the right lane to let him pass. He pulls up beside me and holds up a Glock with an extended clip(I bet it held 50 rounds) I got behind him and called the police. They had me stay behind him until we got to royse city where they pulled him over. They had me go up to the next exit and get off the highway to meet one of the other officers who had me fill out a statement. He then told me
                          He couldn’t do anything about him showing me the gun. He said he would be arrested for being a gang member felon in possession of a firearm. He said there was no law against actually showing me the gun. About three months ago the DA called me wanting me to testify that I seen the gun. I said the police told me there was no law against him showing it to me. The DA said that’s correct we are getting him for felon in possession of a firearm. I said well you don’t need me for that you have his gun. I always though it was illegal to show a gun to somebody in anger but I guess it’s not.
                          I think brandishing a firearm is illegal unless under the same conditions it would be legal to use said firearm to defend yourself or someone else. It’s been awhile but that’s what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            I think brandishing a firearm is illegal unless under the same conditions it would be legal to use said firearm to defend yourself or someone else. It’s been awhile but that’s what I remember.
                            See post #21.

Comment

Working...
                            X