Which meat grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Procut kg22 1hp. Amazing grinder for deer. Super fast huge pan and huge feed throat. About 1400 bucks but it's the last grinder you will ever have to buy.
    Same here. Their 1 hp means power produced- not stall rated like most of the so called commercial grinders. 1,800+ lbs/hr first grind explains it all.

Comment

Picked up the 1.5 HP MEAT brand grinder when they had their black Friday deals. This thing is a bad dude and it's also very quiet.

They have some of the smaller ones on sale right now, but not the 1.5. Be worth checking into when you're comparing prices.

Comment

I have used the LEM #5 with the .25 HP for 10 years doing 6-10 deer a year with zero problems. I can’t imagine needing a 1 HP motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
          Same here. Their 1 hp means power produced- not stall rated like most of the so called commercial grinders. 1,800+ lbs/hr first grind explains it all.
          I was a butcher 20 years. You are correct. Folks here talking about grinding 50lb in 15 minutes. This grinder is 1800lb hrs first grind and a feed throat that can handle volume. Most of the grinders discussed are not in the same class.

Comment

Has already been discussed enough but go big and pay one time. Minimum 1 hp. With wide gap auger or Big Bite auger with LEM. A lot of good ones on the market. If budget allows for a 1 1/5 hp you can pass it on to your kids. 1 1/2 hp for me and I do about 3000 lbs a year commercially.

Comment

I was a butcher 20 years. You are correct. Folks here talking about grinding 50lb in 15 minutes. This grinder is 1800lb hrs first grind and a feed throat that can handle volume. Most of the grinders discussed are not in the same class.
              GG is your grinder single phase? I’ve wanted to pull the trigger several times on a big Hobart but I don’t have three phase capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                GG is your grinder single phase? I’ve wanted to pull the trigger several times on a big Hobart but I don’t have three phase capability.
                gumbo man, you can get a converter to run it on 220. I have one (which is 3 phase) and this is how we run it. It works great too.

Comment

Procut kg22 1hp. Amazing grinder for deer. Super fast huge pan and huge feed throat. About 1400 bucks but it's the last grinder you will ever have to buy.
                  This, garguy has it correct. For me the feed throat is the biggest issue with most of the grinders being recommended. If you ever use a grinder with a throat bigger than the lem or cabela 1 hp grinders you will know. I have a LEM #22 and it is a great grinder with plenty of power. But you have to cut your meat into smaller chunks(takes time) then feed it slow. And let's not even talk about a 2nd grind. I also have a #32 procut 3hp. The feed throat is square and measures 4x6 inches. Maybe overkill for most but fits me great. I agree 100% with Garguy and the procut #22 for what most of us do.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GREATWHITE416 View Post
                    gumbo man, you can get a converter to run it on 220. I have one (which is 3 phase) and this is how we run it. It works great too.
                    Yes I have heard that I can do that. If I can find another Hobart or equivalent I will own it next time. Thanks

Comment

You can get the procut KG 32 mp. 220v single phase. 3hp. Prices going up the end of month 9% is what I hear. Lots of places out of stock but they can be found

Comment

He and I have the same grinder and mine is 120 volt so his should be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                          This, garguy has it correct. For me the feed throat is the biggest issue with most of the grinders being recommended. If you ever use a grinder with a throat bigger than the lem or cabela 1 hp grinders you will know. I have a LEM #22 and it is a great grinder with plenty of power. But you have to cut your meat into smaller chunks(takes time) then feed it slow. And let's not even talk about a 2nd grind. I also have a #32 procut 3hp. The feed throat is square and measures 4x6 inches. Maybe overkill for most but fits me great. I agree 100% with Garguy and the procut #22 for what most of us do.

If I could upload video I could show the difference between grinding with a LEM #22 and a Procut #22. I would say the Procut is at least 3X faster on the first grind and way faster and easier on the second grind. I have both and the 2nd grind with the LEM is not pleasant.

Comment

Dang, didn’t know folks were shooting enough deer to need 1000 lb capacity at a time while grinding…

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              Dang, didn’t know folks were shooting enough deer to need 1000 lb capacity at a time while grinding…
                              We don't but why spend hours grinding to spit out a 200# batch of sausage?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                LOL. I have a lot of friends. For me the LEM #22 works fine. It just takes a long time. Some people don't mind sitting at a grinder, throwing the head in the freezer every 30 minute, cold wraps and other BS. We double ground 105 pounds last week. 1st grind took maybe 15 minutes. 2nd grind probably 1.5 hours. For me that's not how I like to spend my time. Those 1hp LEM and cabelas are the nice 21 inch cut honda mowers, but how many of us have 60 inch zero turns?

Comment

Working...
                                X