X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Well, from my desk top it looks great!
    X2

I’m guessing it looks good pulling it through water too!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      There's several different ways. On those I did like you said, cut them off, heated the end with a heat gun (it makes them bond) and poured in a tail. If I can help him in any way please let me know. My cell is 281-690-3190, you can text or call.
      He gave it a shot and ot seems to be working well foe him. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        There's several different ways. On those I did like you said, cut them off, heated the end with a heat gun (it makes them bond) and poured in a tail. If I can help him in any way please let me know. My cell is 281-690-3190, you can text or call.
        He gave it a shot and it seems to be working well for him. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I threw the CD lure this afternoon on my pier. It works pretty good. You have to use a medium speed retrieve to get it going, it's a tight wobble. It's going to do better this spring in the surf burning through the guts. I'm happy with it, thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            He gave it a shot and it seems to be working well for him. Thanks for the help.
            No problem. Post a picture if you get a chance, I'd love to see em.

Comment

There is definitely an art to it. Nice work

Comment

A few I'm working on.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have high hopes for this one. I bought a blank, 6" jointed glide bait that I'm painting as a speckled trout. I got the base colors laid on tonight. Base white, pearl white, transparent purple, gold on the gill plate and silver darkened with a drop of black. It's got a ways to go yet, I made some stencils tonight. I'll have it done next week. I'm going to where I was on some big trout a couple weeks ago and see how they like it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had some time today to get this one done. A lot of layers to get the right look.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Tried to get a picture that shows the color blending. Y wife says I shouldn't throw it. It's going to get wet soon. We'll see if they'll eat their own.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That looks to nice to fish with!

Comment

My wife said the same thing. I was throwing them today, no takers. Thanks.

Comment

Got a little garage time this week and worked on a few Sexy Shad paddle tails. The heat blending came out just right.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Also some 5" Jerk Baits.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I saw a YouTube video that gave me this idea. Pour a clear skin layer and use a sponge to do the black and the silver is a pearl powder that's put on with a brush. I have a few ideas for some future designs using this.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X