No announcement yet.

Your Favorite Non Whitetail Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite animal to hunt is Mule Deer followed by turkey. I'm having withdrawals this year being the first year I haven't hunted them since I can remember. As far as fun though, it's all in the eye of the hunter.

Bird hunting is across the board fun for everyone. Waterfowl and upland is hard to say which one is better. I can't decide and that's why I hunt quail, pheasants, crane, geese, etc. every year. Way too much fun to not do every year. Something about wild pheasants flushing 5-10 yards in front of you, cranes that look like pterodactyls deeking up, or a wad of 2000 geese dropping in on top of you there is nothing in this world that compares.

Who am I kidding, I love all hunting and being outdoors.

Comment

Depends on budget.. Pig killing and predator hunting is a blast and usually free but if I'm spending money it would be wild Aoudad in west Texas, mule deer in Nebraska or daytime Nilgai hunting(no thermal night hunt)..

Comment

Mule Deer out West.

Comment

My last African safari! Roan, Sable, Zebra and Cape Buffalo.

Comment

wild hogs.

Comment

I guess this qualifies as hunting but, for me nothing beats bowfishing redfish in south Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pheasant in North Dakota

Comment

Turkey

Comment

pheasants and turkeys

Comment

Bowfishing is probably the most straight up fun I've had in the outdoors. Completely different than the brain work it takes hunting deer.

Comment

I enjoy hunting whitetail, but it's not anywhere close to my favorite hunt. It's just local and easy to do more often. Elk in the mountains, sheep and aoudad in rough country of West Texas or canyons in the Panhandle, axis in the rut in the Hill Country, spot and stalk mule deer (rifle or bow), pheasant and/or quail behind good dogs, waterfowl over decoys..... I like all of those more than whitetail, really.

Comment

Birds are just plain fun.

Comment

Bear, over bait, from the ground with my longbow.

Comment

Pronghorn and archery elk right here in Wyoming.
                              Pronghorn just because you will always see a bunch and pretty much choose the one you want to shoot or not.
                              Archery elk because hearing elk bugle makes the effort worth it whether you get a shot or not and we are blesse to be able to go buy a license OTC and be in elk country less than 1 hr from the house.

Comment

archery elk on the ground calling

Comment

Working...
                                X