RV/Camper Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV/Camper Sales

Im wanting to talk to someone about a fifth wheel camper. Is there anyone on the green screen that wouldn’t mind shooting me a PM? Looking for some expertise.

Thanks
    Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post
    Im wanting to talk to someone about a fifth wheel camper. Is there anyone on the green screen that wouldn’t mind shooting me a PM? Looking for some expertise.

Thanks
    Eric

Anything specific, i own one, not in sales though if related to that.

Comment

I own one also

Comment

The only issue I have with a lot of travel trailers and fifth wheels is the slide outs powered with the Schwintek system. Man those are a pain in the AZZZZZZ

Comment

I have one too.

Comment

Might find the answer quicker if you just ask the question you want answers to.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
              Might find the answer quicker if you just ask the question you want answers to.

Yessir, I figured that was coming and I agree. I just dont have a specific question to ask to be honest.

I have a guy at work that wants to sell his camper. He wants me to buy or if I could help him sell it. It’s a 2015 Forest River fifth wheel. My wife and I have been thinking about getting one but we were wanting one with bunks. I was thinking about buying this one and keeping through the summer and selling it. I guess Im wanting to talk to someone about the value of it and if it will hold it’s value through the summer.

I looked up NADA on it and it would be a 2000 cheaper that average retail. Suggested list price is like $14000 less than what I would be paying. Im all for buying one if I can sell and get my money back or make money on it. Just not real sure what the market is like on this specific camper.

Hope that helps a little. It might be best I call a dealer somewhere and see if someone can help me out.

Thanks

Comment

after last years freeze i would recommend checking the plumbing thoroughly. The A/C, fridge and absolutely the Slide Outs if it has any. Roof leaks and softspots are super common also. Im sure you know that but it can never be stressed enough. I may have read your last comment wrong but I'm assuming you are meaning that you are able to pay $14000 less than it books for correct? If so then im sure its one of two things...Your friend is either a really good friend and doesnt need the equity or he knows it needs one or more of those things i mentioned fixed and hes not really as good a friend as you thought! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                  after last years freeze i would recommend checking the plumbing thoroughly. The A/C, fridge and absolutely the Slide Outs if it has any. Roof leaks and softspots are super common also. Im sure you know that but it can never be stressed enough. I may have read your last comment wrong but I'm assuming you are meaning that you are able to pay $14000 less than it books for correct? If so then im sure its one of two things...Your friend is either a really good friend and doesnt need the equity or he knows it needs one or more of those things i mentioned fixed and hes not really as good a friend as you thought! lol

Yeah NADA average retail and low retail is about what he is asking for it. He is an older gentleman that is honestly not worried as much about making money on it, as he is not wanting to deal with people he dont know. Hope that makes sense. Him and his wife lived in it for 3 years. It’s a 2015 he bought new. He really takes care of his stuff and always fixes anything that is wrong. So I feel confident in the condition of it, but yes these are things to look for so thanks for stressing it. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Yeah NADA average retail and low retail is about what he is asking for it. He is an older gentleman that is honestly not worried as much about making money on it, as he is not wanting to deal with people he dont know. Hope that makes sense. Him and his wife lived in it for 3 years. It’s a 2015 he bought new. He really takes care of his stuff and always fixes anything that is wrong. So I feel confident in the condition of it, but yes these are things to look for so thanks for stressing it. It is much appreciated.

Full time living in an RV is rough on them. It may look good on appearance but you could get into a lot of repairs. Unless it’s specifically built for full time living, things wear out on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

not a problem man. Good luck with the deal. Sounds like a good one. Ive bought a ton of campers in my life. Used to buy them and sell them as well as other things all the time. My main piece of advise is dont take anything for granted on these things. Ive trusted that people took good care of stuff and thought surely that it would not be a problem and then watched the whole side blow off a trailer going down the road on its 1st trip out. At that point it doesnt make a difference how good that deal was when you bought it. Now its a question of how much is it gonna cost to get it where you can sell it later without breaking the bank! Good luck!

Comment

This would be enough for me to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                          This would be enough for me to pass.

Gotcha, I actually was talking to someone else about it this evening. Once I said that they said the same thing.

Comment

My wife and I have sold our 4th camper. We loved them all and learned allot. When people ask about getting into RV I always tell them to be prepared to fix something every time they take it out. Could be a small piece of trim all the way to fridge, AC or slide not working. There is always something. At the end of the day there is lots of info out there on every RV including asking price. Google the model number and see what comes up. There are also RV inspection lists that you can download and use to help inspect the trailer. Be sure to have enough truck to pull and handle it. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X