X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ol “Stanky”
    Attached Files

Comment

3 more sleeps! I gotta make it though junior high football, Friday Night Lights, and Saturday morning film and then I get to go in the stand, it's almost here for me! I definitely need to get a bow again.

Comment

My nephew got it done yesterday evening on the family farm in Anderson County. This buck just showed up 4 days ago and he connected on his second sit. Mid 40s. His buck last year was in the 30s as a 9 point. He’s a very patient and disciplined bow hunter and makes me proud.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          My nephew got it done yesterday evening on the family farm in Anderson County. This buck just showed up 4 days ago and he connected on his second sit. Mid 40s. His buck last year was in the 30s as a 9 point. He’s a very patient and disciplined bow hunter and makes me proud.
          Dang, great buck Terry. I need to go hunt Brad and Susie's place over there if yall have bucks like that lol.

Comment

From years ago, but still relevant. My top East Tx excuse list. Which one will you use this year…

1.There are no deer in East Texas
            2.Poachers!!!
            3.Too many hogs
            4.The rut in East Tx has not started yet
            5.The rut in East Tx is over
            6.Deer in East Tx do not come to feeders
            7.The Jake Brake on logging trucks make ‘em skiddish
            8.***** neighbors dogs!!!
            9.Too many acorns this year
            10.Deer in East Tx are smarter than humans
            11.They have gone nocturnal
            12.Pot growers shot all deer (Polk County only)
            13.Rectal cranium inversion

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              Dang, great buck Terry. I need to go hunt Brad and Susie's place over there if yall have bucks like that lol.
              Yep their popping up pretty good this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                Congratulations to your nephew! Nice buck.

Comment

I saw a 130 class buck at 20 yards driving in this morning. Walking in I jumped some small body deer. While on stand I've had a coyote and a spike pay me a visit so far. The spikes nose was to the ground running all over. Fingers crossed his grandfather does the same thing

Comment

Last hunt yesterday evening before war breaks out. Was a train wreck

Neighbor was home when I drove past and spotted me…
                    Shot no less than 5 boxes of pistol ammo over next 30 minutes
                    Bumped a small bodied “deer” right under my stand
                    Neighbor drove 4 wheeler back and forth till 5:30
                    Neighbor beat the crap out of something with a hammer setting up a feeder that I’ll imagine is on the fence again
                    Tested feeder and talked about quantum physics till 6:15
                    Heard a deer blowing it’s lungs out between me and my truck. No way it winded me and don’t think it was far enough south to cross my trail….

But that was it

Comment

Another nice buck

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Neighbor beat the crap out of something with a hammer setting up a feeder that I’ll imagine is on the fence again
                        Heard a deer blowing it’s lungs out between me and my truck. No way it winded me and don’t think it was far enough south to cross my trail….

But that was it
                        Dang, that is a rough hunt man.

J

Comment

But that was it

Got to love those neighbors...............

Rwc

Comment

But that was it
                            Sounds like you need to strategically place your gut pile near said fence line as an appreciation gift……JK, but man neighbors like that can sure take some of the joy out it.

Comment

Well a decent morning in ET. One spike one small buck jumped one unknown had deer blowing 2 different times. Saw a coyote and now 4 muts ran through my setup. Maybe I'll go eat lunch

Comment

Bigger bucks in my little area of Trinity county vanished from camera last week and are showing back up now. My gut tells me they were locked down and are stopping in to grab a bite before looking for another girlfriend.

Shot this guy yesterday at last light. Been 5 days since I last had a pic of him. Huge body, big roman nose, and a decent rack. Clean 8pt. Not much mass, but he is a nice one. 28 yds, heart shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X