X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised it's lasted this long

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
      Hog hunters are like any other group. Only takes a few bad ones to give the rest a bad name.
      x2

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post
        Here we go again.....
        Surprised this thread was even allowed after the last one dealing with this issue. Man that was a rough one.

Comment

It is like everything else. It can be handled right or wrong. We use to hunt big places from January to about July. We did everything that we could to make sure that our dogs were on places that they did not get off of and if they did it was never in deer season. When they started doing TV shows on it I knew it was only a matter of time before bad dogs hunters would screw this thing up for the good ones.

-john

Comment

Irritating. Tresspassing and poaching are what i think about it.

Comment

get a pack of dogs see how fun it is and then come complain about it. lolol

Comment

Once upon a time, 20 years or so ago, I remember hearing routinely from Catahoula hog dog owners that their dogs never strayed very far from the owner and would check back in every so often. On the few hog dog runs I went on, this is pretty much what I experienced. Only one time did a dog run off chasing a big hog that he could not stop and I remember the owner saying the dog was known for ranging out long distances but would eventually come back. We sat at the point where the dogs picked up the original trail and waited about two hours for him to come back. The rest of the dogs held up and came back fairly quickly.

I'm not sure what is most desireable, but has running hogs changed a lot in recent years, or are people using longer ranging breeds, or mixes?

Comment

Like anything else in life there are a wide variety of participants from pros to guys out there who are not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mike%20and%20rod.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	24351766

This was a fun night.

Comment

I think the biggest problem is the ones that don't get permission to hunt or just drop their dogs off on the dirt roads and hunt where they want.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                      When they started doing TV shows on it I knew it was only a matter of time before bad dogs hunters would screw this thing up for the good ones.

-john
                      Nope!!!
                      Started a long time before that. We have had our share.
                      Haven't ran into a hog dogger yet that plays by the rules.
                      I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

guys I know are very respectful about it... but I have heard of a lot who aren't

feel for you bro...

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          Nope!!!
                          Started a long time before that. We have had our share.
                          Haven't ran into a hog dogger yet that plays by the rules.
                          I'll just leave it at that.

LOL...Well maybe one day we can me and shake hands. That way you can say you met at least one that did it right..

-john

Comment

In my experience most just complain about it and never do anything.
                            We need to all catch and prosecute poachers to the full extent of the law.
                            When I suspect poaching is going on I shift my focus.
                            The deer and hogs are safe for the time being.
                            The poachers are now the hunted.
                            I will stalk, spot and apprehend until the local law enforcement shows up.
                            God help them and me if they resist.
                            I will prosecute to the full extent of the law. 100% of the time.
                            Dogs on my property are poachers as well as their owners.
                            Like it or lump it, my property my rules. It's simple, stay off if you don't like my rules. That includes your dogs.

If you think hog dogs are bad try having to manage your property and deer dog hunting is still legal. Thank goodness we may be close to seeing an end.
                            Last edited by dbaio1; 12-17-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

What happen to the OP, start a troll thread and leave!

Comment

Originally posted by bamahunter View Post
                                get a pack of dogs see how fun it is and then come complain about it. lolol
                                So trespassing is fun?

Comment

Working...
                                X