No announcement yet.

Coral Snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only came across one on our place in East Tx when I was in high school. I actually picked it up & ended up placing it in rubbing alcohol & took it to school in a jar for the biology teacher. Never saw another after that & im 47 now. Seem to be a rare occurrence to find them. Cool looking snakes & ive always heard their venom tops that of some of the most deadly in the world but volume wise they don’t deliver enough of a punch like the black mambas & deadly vipers

Comment

Neat

Comment

We had several around our house on Like Georgetown.
        Attached Files

Comment

We have them around the house. I kill 2 or 3 a year.

Comment

They are a “fixed fang” snake and carry a neurotoxin similar to a cobra. They have to find a place where they can chew on you for you to be envenomated. Personally I’d never pick one up without without tongs or some other type of protection.

Comment

That’s cool! I’ve never seen one in “the wild”. But find at least one a year at our house on 3 acres in New Braunfels.

Comment

Ok tell me again. If the red touches yella it’ll mess up a fella or something? I always screw it up and run from every snake screaming like a small child anyway.

Comment

I see one in yard every year or so ...They are Beautifully colored and easy to identify..

Comment

Red on Yeller kills a feller, Red on black a friend of Jack.

Comment

Harmless unless your stupid.

Comment

Such a beautiful snake. Coral snakes are the only venomous snake that I will let go on it's way.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                          Red on Yeller kills a feller, Red on black a friend of Jack.

That’s good until you meet up with this guy. [emoji16]

You might think that you're redneck
                          But I'm rednecker than you

Comment

To this day, I have never seen a live coral snake in the wild. I have seen a few dead ones on roads, but never live. The first dead one I ever saw, I was about 7 years old, we were walking down some dirt road, dove hunting somewhere. I think outside Tilden, but really have no idea where we were. My step father threw me across the road and blasted the ground with his 12 ga. I got up and looked, there was a coral snake in the road. It was stiff, had been dead for a while. Since seen at least two more road killed coral snakes.

I would bet we have them where we live now, but I have not seen any yet. So far, I have seen garter snakes, coach whips, lots of rat snakes, and five copper heads. Then some of those little brown snakes, don't remember their name. With all the bugs and oak leaves, I am sure we have plenty of coral snakes.

Comment

I've only seen a coral snake once, and it was at my sister's house in SA! Sucker was just laying in her backyard like it owned the place! We lived at Lake Nocona (north central texas) and had a CRAP ton of rattlesnakes and copperheads...guess we're too far north for coral snakes. They're pretty, but if I see a poisonous snake, it's dead

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                That’s good until you meet up with this guy. [emoji16]

You might think that you're redneck
                                But I'm rednecker than you
                                What's that?

Comment

Working...
                                X