Hand foot and mouth. Any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    Asked wife. She's a RN, and thought I was joking.

She provided nothing, but is dealing with her own issues. Got about 50 mosquito bites on just one leg and suffering for last 10 days. And yes about just as many on her other leg.

With that said, I'll I can give you it prayer.

You have a virus that probably needs to run it course. If that is the case, ask your doc for something to help you sleep. Otherwise, drop the meds and drink plenty of tequila.

Won't stop the pain but will make you not care. Watch the dose, so you say on a level alcoholic level to not puke or come down until the virus passes.

On a different note, how is the kiddo doing?
    She’s doing great.

I hurt bad and itch a lot. Pain meds aren’t touching it. No sleep to speak of. Maybe 5 minutes here and there. Fixing to soak in the oatmeal bath again. This blows

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but what’s it called?

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        Excuse my ignorance, but what’s it called?

HFMD
        Hand Foot and Mouth Disease

Comment

Buddy of mine has it right now too. Said Dr. gave him a shot. Don't remember what it was though. He said it's terrible. Good luck

Comment

I got it a while back and it was by far the worst thing I’ve personally had.. it was three weeks to get back to 100%.. couldn’t drive a vehicle cause it hurt to grab the wheel.. hard to walk as well.. couldn’t eat or drink much either..

Comment

I had it a couple weeks back. Doc told me to run it’s course. Was also one of the worse things I’ve experienced sickness wise. Best thing I can tell you is try to manage the pain the best you can. When the blisters are done you will have an incredible amount of dead skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Daughter got it from school. Doc said it’s rare that adults get it. Well I got it BAD BAD. I have a fairly high pain tolerance and I broke down and went to the ER this morning not knowing what was wrong. Huge rash of it on my back. Arms. Chest. Feet. Hands. Nose. It’s the worst pain I’ve felt in my life.

Doc gave me a bottle of codene pills. 325 mg. Ain’t phased it yet. Used calamine lotion after soaking in lavender epsom salt. That SLIGHTLY helped.

Anyone dealt with this? Remedy? I’m desperate here. Do still have to pass a DOT drug test for work so not THAT desperate

Y’all helped with the rona big time. Don’t fail me now!
                man i know exactly what you are going through !
                when my little boy was 1 he got it at day care , wife said the dr said it was rare if adults got it well i got it.
                i went to my dr. he told me he dad been in practice since 1981 and he had seen 5 cases in adults but 4 of the 5 cases had been in the last year.
                pm me or text 432-638-2821 i will tell you what helped me the most

my feet suffered the worse, i couldnt wear anything but crocs for 3 weeks.

Comment

Friend had it way worse than his son. Sounds horrible.

Both of my kids have had it. Son was for sure worse than my daughter. Luckily neither my wife or I got it.

Hope you find something that works.

Comment

I had it a few weeks back, and it was pretty rough. It still sounds like I had it easy compared to most in here. The first day with the 103+ fever kicked my butt the most, but the rest of the days it was business as usual during the day. At night I couldn’t sleep though. Maybe 3 hours total in 4 days.

Comment

I've heard of several friends having it in the past month, must be going around unfortunately

Comment

Curious if some type of topical with lidocaine in it would help? Burn creams or Ointment with lidocaine?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Daughter got it from school. Doc said it’s rare that adults get it. Well I got it BAD BAD. I have a fairly high pain tolerance and I broke down and went to the ER this morning not knowing what was wrong. Huge rash of it on my back. Arms. Chest. Feet. Hands. Nose. It’s the worst pain I’ve felt in my life.

Doc gave me a bottle of codene pills. 325 mg. Ain’t phased it yet. Used calamine lotion after soaking in lavender epsom salt. That SLIGHTLY helped.

Anyone dealt with this? Remedy? I’m desperate here. Do still have to pass a DOT drug test for work so not THAT desperate

Y’all helped with the rona big time. Don’t fail me now!
                          Dang Matt....if I was closer I'd give ya some root juice for what ails ya!

Got nothing but follow docs orders and keep your hands washed. Prayers up!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Curious if some type of topical with lidocaine in it would help? Burn creams or Ointment with lidocaine?
                            No it doesn’t. Tried it this morning.

I finally passed out for about 3 hours this morning. Still need way more rest. Slight improvement today but not much. Hands are throbbing.

Comment

Dang matt...that sucks.

What's a normal duration??

Comment

I got it when my kids had it. It sucked bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X