Propane tank question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propane tank question?

My wife wants to get prepped for the next big lose of electricity either cold or hot.
    Our house is all electric now. We bought a propane stove/oven. We are going to get a new propane heater from the propane company that supposed to heat 1000 sq ft. We already have 2 small window units for cooling.
    We bought a 12500/9500 duel fuel generator to run most small stuff.
    We are getting a 250 or 500 gallon tank which ever they have next week. The company said it has to be 10 ft from any structure.

My question after all that.

I really want to put the tank off the end of my house about 12 ft away but it would be close to the property line at that point.
    Is that far enough?

Or how far away should I place the tank?

The first 10 ft is free then it is $5 a foot to trench, run the line and fill back. I don't want to run it out 150 ft or anything like that.

Propane tank question?

What exactly is your question? Is what far enough? Unless there's deed restrictions I think it's personal preference.
    We just buried our 500 gallon tank and it's about 20' from the house.

Comment

Pretty sure texas railroad commission sets rules for placement. Look up and see if property lines are listed. Your installer should know the answer to that question.

Comment

Put it exactly 10ft at the end of your house.
        Also make sure it is where they can get to it to fill it.

Comment

250 won’t go very far! Get the 500

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            The provider here said that a lot of people are doing what we are doing. They were running out of 500s and 250s. I requested a 500. I guess we will see what they had in stock when they come Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              The provider here said that a lot of people are doing what we are doing. They were running out of 500s and 250s. I requested a 500. I guess we will see what they had in stock when they come Wednesday
              Propane tanks are extremely hard to come by right now. He cost is double for tanks compared to two years ago. Everyone is looking at doing what your doing. 250 will be fine for what your needing. If they have a 500 that will be more than enough for what you need it for. Rules are that the tank has to be 10’ from the house. Rules also apply to property lines which is also 10’. Most companies don’t adhere to that as much. What company are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                All depends.
                I have gas furnace, water heater, and stove. We use more in winter months because of the furnace. But, with the provider we use, I’m set up on a monthly payment. They maintain the amount in the tank. I don’t have to keep track of it and call them when it’s low.

Comment

Working...
                X