Is this a persimmon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a persimmon?

Just cut this tree out form between a few oaks… then saw the fruit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Comment

Yes it is. I would sure like to get some seeds from one.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Texas persimmon

Comment

Lots of sad animals if you cut it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Lots of sad animals if you cut it down.
                Yep, OP just killed the golden goose. Persimmons are big time magnets for deer

Comment

We’ve got dozens of them, y’all are more than welcome to come get some young ones or even seeds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes, anybody ever make jelly or margaritas out of them?

I've got one that is normally 8 foot tall, this year the dang thing is almost laying on the ground because of the weight of the fruit. Its been so wet back there that I'm afraid they are all going to drop before I can save any.

Comment

Black persimmon. Nothing like the ones in east tx.

Comment

Black persimmon. Nothing like the ones in east tx.
                        yeah these are mostly all seed, and the skin is pretty tough. They have good flavor but are a pain to eat. But they will disappear in a night once they turn black and all the animals and birds find them. I love finding new bushes growing, anything to help the turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                          yeah these are mostly all seed, and the skin is pretty tough. They have good flavor but are a pain to eat. But they will disappear in a night once they turn black and all the animals and birds find them. I love finding new bushes growing, anything to help the turkeys
                          I was gonna say don’t the persimmons in East TX typically get ripe in October/November?

Comment

I was gonna say don’t the persimmons in East TX typically get ripe in October/November?
                            yeah they do, thats why they are good to deer hunt over. Our rain amounts and cool months this summer have been really weird. I dont know if that has had an effect on the native brush as far as seeding goes. I've got persimmon bushes that have already dropped their fruit over a month ago and other bushes that still have green fruit that is only half grown. I dont know if they can produce multiple crops a year or if some are just farther behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              I have several consistent producers on my place in Polk Cty. While the fruits do attract all kinds of critters, it seems as if by Oct 16th the fruits are gone. Thread has me wondering what fruit looks like this year. Will check in am.

Comment

Working...
                              X