Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
    So sorry for the loss...
    but it is a sad reality, every day that goes by, we get older and of course those we love that are older then us, leave us sooner then we want.. such a very sad reality...
    Yes sir, reality will hit you like a ton of bricks every now and then. It dumped a truck load of those bricks on me today. It's gonna take a while to climb out.

Comment

Sorry for your loss

I know how you feel, lost a good friend last November that was 30+ years older than me

Comment

These guys I grew up around are mostly 70 or older now. And you know what I've noticed? They're not and never were guys that hit the gym or nothin. My buddy that passed away dipped Skoal,drank Pepsi and ate sweets like it was going out of style. Staying active. That's the key to a long life. I'm convinced of that. The minute you think you're old and sit down in that recliner and start watching t.v. all day you're stepping away from life. When that happens you're done. These guys I'm talking about are the age they're at because they're still out there just gettin after it.

Comment

I’m fighting the old man in the mirror every day. Your mind says 25 and your body screams something else. It’s hard getting older and I’ve found that many people discount older peoples opinions. And yes, a lot of my friends have passed. The last one was 66 and drank all his adult life. Developed throat cancer and it killed him in less than six months.
          To all of my older unknown friends on here, take care of yourselves. And if God calls me home tonight or “unexpectedly “ lift my family up and especially my special needs son Caleb. I really enjoy reading yalls post, praying for y’all, and wielded that comes with TBH. Just hope somehow I can learn to post pictures before I go dang it!

Comment

Sorry for your loss ok. Being “only” 32 years old, you’re gonna be facing a lot more of this. At 74, I’m experiencing it every other month or so seems like. So many people I knew, several younger than me, have died in the last few years. When you get my age the saying “it is what it is” really hits home. Nothing much you can do about it, just make sure nothing that needs saying is left unsaid.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Condolences for you and your family

Good advice to slow down and talk to your elders.

Sometimes our society reminds me of “crazy ants”.
                Always isn a rush to go somewhere.
                Remember : “ it’s not a race, it’s a journey”

Comment

I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm 71 and have lost most of my old mentors. There isn't a day that I don't think about these old guys and ladies that helped me be the person I am and what I have learned from them. I am a better person because of them.

Be glad you had the time with him and the example he set is now yours to continue. That is what he wanted and was doing for you all along. This is how you honor a man you respected. Be like him. He was a wise old man. Be like him. That's the best way to honor someone you respected and loved.

Comment

Originally posted by D4H View Post
                    I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm 71 and have lost most of my old mentors. There isn't a day that I don't think about these old guys and ladies that helped me be the person I am and what I have learned from them. I am a better person because of them.

Be glad you had the time with him and the example he set is now yours to continue. That is what he wanted and was doing for you all along. This is how you honor a man you respected. Be like him. He was a wise old man. Be like him. That's the best way to honor someone you respected and loved.
                    Boom! Mike drop!

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers Up for Ya. Times just speeds up it seems.

Comment

The sorrow you feel will ease with time and you'll be left with great memories.
                          God bless you and comfort you.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X