Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your fob not working?

Comment

Cabin air filter for my 2020 Chevy is $24.00…

Only 3 screws to take the glove box out

Definitely not worth what they’re wanting to charge you

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Is your fob not working?
        The computer doesn’t recognize the OEM keys and it will not start
        And computer was messing with break pedal ( the recall)

The fuel treatment and air conditioning are my main ripoff they said are red flags
        Not much I can do about the keys except replace

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I don’t feel mine is. I can get an oil change cheaper there and the quick change places plus I get a wash and vacuum service.

The one time I actually had service repairs done it was in line with private shops for the same work.

Sucks you have crappy dealerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Service writers get paid commission for “problems” found with your vehicle.
          I won’t say all dealerships are ripping you off. It’s probably only 99%....

Comment

I don’t feel mine is. I can get an oil change cheaper there and the quick change places plus I get a wash and vacuum service.

The one time I actually had service repairs done it was in line with private shops for the same work.

How much are your oil changes on that Cummins?

Comment

Took my 04 Dodge to the dealership because AC quit blowing cold. Service writer called and said compressor, condenser, and high pressure hoses were bad. Can’t remember exact price, but it was around 3k.
              Told I would get a second opinion. He got ****** and said you still owe $100.00 for topping off with freon. Paid for the freon and drove that truck another 6-7 years with cold AC...

Comment

When they where dropping the truck off @ dealership the service manager announced to the writers that a oil change is now “”$98.??
                No more $35 oil change “”

That cheap oil change is the “ loss leader “ to lure you into the bait I took on cabin filters, ect

And they now have a $125 fee for diagnostic, so if they say you “ need a service “ and turn it down you owe $125 if you turn everything beyond a TSB & Recall
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-22-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  And they now have a $125 fee for diagnostic, so if they say you “ need a service “ and turn it down you owe $125 if you turn everything beyond a TSB & Recall
                  Unless I ask for diagnostics they can kiss my ***, no way I am paying them a dime for ANYTHING I did not ask for

Comment

Took my daughter's 2004 Honda in for airbag recall, got the same diagnostic service needed report. About $3000 total. So I did it all for right at $125.00. 2 motor mounts. Valve cover gasket and VHT seal. Plus, they said needed tie rods...just had those changes last year WITH alignment, by a friend that owns a repair shop. Ha, the tires are not even showing wear.

But I appreciate the heads up on services I did not know we're needed [emoji4]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dealerships are the biggest scam in the automobile industry. They charge $110 for a standard oil change - Walmart is $18.99, same oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Says you approved it so, no.

What I am thinking. They hit me up on recommendations on things I can or should do on basically every oil change. Many of same items you listed on all 5 vehicles I tend to in our family. I tell everyone (wife and 3 kids) decline we everything until they call me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Had a Chebby dealership try to tell my wife that she needed new tires ( they only had 15k on them), she laughed and said Wait until my husband hears this- he started crawfeeshin real fast but she told him it was too late. She took it in for an oil and filter change. I showed up over there with her car and I didn’t even need to say 1 thing. He was apologizing when I opened the door. If it wasn’t for it being a suburban I wouldn’t own a bow tie.

Comment

The 125 dollar 'diagnostic fee' is what kills me. My tacoma had a bad TPMS sensor and they wanted 125 bucks to plug a computer into the truck and see what sensor was bad.

When I questioned him as to why it took 125 bucks for 7 minutes he said its expensive equipment and we have to pay for it. I said well use the nexy guys wallet. Went on youtube and found a way to ground out all 5 sensors. Ill just an air gauge like grand paw did

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                              The computer doesn’t recognize the OEM keys and it will not start
                              And computer was messing with break pedal ( the recall)

The fuel treatment and air conditioning are my main ripoff they said are red flags
                              Not much I can do about the keys except replace
                              how did you get it there???

Comment

Just want to clear the air on a couple items. ...

1. $100+ diagnostic fees. Typically are waived if you approve the repair that is needed. The technician does more than just plug a computer in and bam they know the magic fix. They purchase all their own tools, go through countless hours of training monthly. You're paying for their knowledge. They strive for fixed right the first time. If it isn't fixed right the first time you usually don't pay if it comes back. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule. No one works for free nor should they have to.

2. Wal Mart oil changes..... they use the same oil. Yes baby dead dinosaurs and synthetic dinosaurs from most places are about the same. Just about any dealership around has coupons online for oil changes. Look at job postings. Wal Mart, no experience required or training... I agree Oil/Filter changes are fairly simple. But, do I want the $8/hr no experience needed, using subpar filters on my $75K vehicle?? Not me... the dealership is using the manufacturer recommended filters and oil.

Now are there times when problems happen at the dealership? Sure. We have all experienced problems with a plumber, HVAC tech, electrician, dentist, doctor, teacher, women!!! Doesn't make everyone of those people a bad person, a rip off, a thief.

I find it crazy that when people purchase a vehicle they trust the sales person to be honest and develop a relationship with that sales person. Often times going back to that person over and over again. Why not develop a relationship with service department? Introduce yourself to the service advisor. Meet the techs. Find the 1-2 you like. And use them exclusively. I understand not one single person wakes up and says I hope my $75k suburban doesn't crank up today, or breaks down on my way to work. No one wants that. But it will at some point. I don't care what brand vehicle you buy. They ALL break at some point.

Back to build a relationship with a technician. It's just like having your go to HVAC guy/gal, plumber, electrician. You typically only need these folks when you are in a pinch. You're typically in not your best mood when calling these people. But, you invested time into them and feel safe they are not going to rip you off.

I've worked with a lot of technicians over the years. I am thankful I no longer work as a technician. But still directly related to service departments. I've worked with some of the most talented folks in the world. I've worked with bad ones. The bad ones get rooted out. It is a hard way to make a living. But, dishonest, liars, thief, those are not terms that describe the majority.

In closing. .... Go develop a relationship with a tech. After all they are the ones you need when your $800/month grocery getter breaks down. They are the ones you call and want it done for the cheapest amount possible. They are the ones who keep your $75K vehicle on the road. They are the ones who make sure your brakes work and keeps your family safe.

Next time you go into a service department, ask them to meet the tech who will be working on your car. Shake his/her hand. Thank them. When you pick your vehicle up, shake their hand again. I guarantee you, your vehicle will be at the front of the line and always taken care of. My last few years working as a tech, I had customers bringing me gifts for my daughter on her birthday, restaurants owners that would try to comp my meal (I always gave the money amount as a tip to the server if they did) customers who made sure to say thank you, chat for a minute. When I left my role as a tech I passed them onto the guys I trusted. I know I went on a bit of a rant. But, automotive techs are not bad people as a whole. Nothing irritates me more than reading on here how bad service departments are. Yes, they are in business to make money. But to take from you and your family. That is not something they are into. Trust the techs. Let them recommend and explain the importance of the services they are offering. You at the end of the day give the final yes or no to proceed.

Comment

Working...
                                X