Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you go back and finish the pen?

Comment

Been there, done that and have the scar to prove it. Glad you’re ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Did you go back and finish the pen?

Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          Use the end with the hole in it!!
          lmao

Comment

I've done the same thing. Drove the t-post down to where I rose back up for another hit the back of the driver caught on the top of the t-post. One hit took me down. My wife was with me what is wrong then she saw all of the blood and almost freaked out.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
              No sir 6’—-I have set 100’s of t post and this time I just went to high with the driver and when it came down the driver hit the post on the edge and sent it back at an angle
              Like this?

Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 07-12-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Haha…..drive enough t-post in your day brother and you will see how it can happen. Many of us have done it. I’m 6’3” and it’s too easy, trust me. There’s a reason they have that white paint on the top foot or so of those things.

Glad you’re ok Spencer. Sucks for sure.

Lol yup. Guy I watched do it was 6’5…. Out like a light!

That white line is a great indicator. We bought an extra long/heavy driver so we never see the white now. Don’t nobody got time for getting KTFO!![emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                  Well I survived about 6 rounds but finally got knocked out in round 7-that red headed mofo got me just right and I was down.

I have always wondered how it happened to other people but now I know that my head is not as hard as a t post driver. Dropped me flat with stars and blood,I was super lucky my lease-mate tcooper93 was there and got me up and back to camp. He did an assessment and we were off to Abilene 40 miles away, after a CT scan and 6 staples we were back at camp finishing up our chores.

Made for a pretty long, painful day but got fairly lucky—Travis (tcooper93) really appreciate you handling my dumb butt
                  I knew I should have driven that last T-post lol...sad thing is that we were 95% done with the feeder pen. Spencer will have a new hard hat at the lease waiting for him. Seriously, though he gave me a bit of a scare. Very glad it was not worse. Oh, and the CT scan did confirm that Spencer has a brain. Most of us have been wondering about that lol

Comment

The one I have my dad had made. He didn't like those light weight commercially sold post drivers. Dad has passed now but the driver lives on. It is heavy. Only have to lift it about 8-10 inches and lot it drop. in pounds them in in a hurry. I don't think you could lift it too high and bonk yourself. If you did there would be no need for stitches just a body bag.

Comment

Ive driven alot of t-post and Im still wondering how yall ended up hitting yourself in the top of the head.

Comment

Got in a pretty good fight this morning-kinda graphic

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                        Ive driven alot of t-post and Im still wondering how yall ended up hitting yourself in the top of the head.

Very simple…. You get in a rhythm…. You over lift not knowing and it slips behind the top of post, ….you pull down on the driver since you are in a rhythm and the side of the bottom of the driver rides the top of the post away from you and forces the top of the driver straight down on your head. Next thing you know you are seeing clouds and tweety birds

Comment

did it once ... didn't knock me out though, more like a Biden interview, just out of it for 10 seconds or so ... had a fight with my john deere though.. forgot and walked right into the bucket... they have no give ... woke up moments later on my back looking at the sky ...

Comment

Been there, minus the staples!

Almost as bad, two months ago I went too high and on the slam back down, it turned into a pinky toe driver.

Comment

Ouch! I started a thread a few months ago when a buddy of mine did it and ended up with 5 staples in his head. I've been fortunate to (knock on wood) never have it happen to me, but you'll never hear me asking how it happened like I'm somehow immune to the possibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Very simple…. You get in a rhythm…. You over lift not knowing and it slips behind the top of post, ….you pull down on the driver since you are in a rhythm and the side of the bottom of the driver rides the top of the post away from you and forces the top of the driver straight down on your head. Next thing you know you are seeing clouds and tweety birds
                                I think I am more susceptible when I am smooth wore out or trying to hit it to hard (in a hurry). If you watch the old timers they are slow and easy (smarter). Those POS Tractor supply type drivers don't help a **** thing either.
                                I think he shared it in the last thread but them big boys are hard to drag when they are KTFO.

Comment

Working...
                                X