One in the chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    How often do you carry and not put one in the chamber?

I am going to admit I've gotten lazy of late and do not chamber a round. If its a short trip, and I know I'll be home soon I don't bother. I know I need to, but its the PITA (to me) to get home and de-chamber the weapon for storage.

Decided today that I need to get better and secure storage, so once I chamber around, I can store the weapon when I get home. And stop dealing with unchambering the round for storage.

So, again with the question. How often do you carry and not chamber a round?
    Say it isn't so.....Might as well vote for the Demorats if you going to do that.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Always hot now. Only time I swap to safe is when I pull my shield to store it and keep holster if going in my office.

IMO it feels more dangerous to draw, rack, unrack, and reload another road in order to be "safe" versus just keeping it hot.

Comment

Never.

Comment

Yeah i carry the chamber empty, I also make sure that my spare tire on my truck isnt inflated, store my fire extinguishers depressured and empty.

Never can be too safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            never. i cannot fathom why a person would want to carry a tool to defend themselves, and not have it ready to defend themselves.

All of my handguns, and most of my long guns are one safety click away from saving my life.

Comment

Every firearm in my home that is accessible (and there are several), is loaded and has one in the chamber, and they're ready to use as soon as I put my hands on it. I can't fathom why some people think it's somehow safer to carry a gun, that can't function as it's meant to, at the exact moment they need it most.

Comment

Always keep one in the tube.

If you need it in an emergency situation you might as well have a brick if you dont have one chambered.

Comment

Loaded at all times no matter if in truck, house or safe. Both AR’s have 10 round mags in them with 30 round or drum within reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolver View Post
                    An unchambered carry pistol is a hollywood phenomena and a luxury only for offensive situations. I don't even walk from the shooting range back to the vehicle on an empty chamber. In a defensive situation you are already operating on reaction vs action. Average gun fight lasting 3-5 seconds and average recognition/decision/draw/egage sequence for a well trained individual is about 1.5 seconds means you're already half way behind in the gunfight if it is a reactive scenario.

Add racking a round to that sequence and the fight is most likely already over before you even engage. Or, more realistically, adrenaline and muscle memory take over and you are drawing and repeatedly pulling the trigger on an empty chamber. Hopefully you survive long enough to get that sick feeling in your stomach from the moment of horror when you realize why the weapon is not firing.

There are plenty of double action models with lawyer triggers that are perfectly safe to carry and keep loaded at all times; just lock it up when not carrying if safety at home is a concern.
                    Spot on...and this is what a lot of "unchambered" people that carry don't realize.

Comment

Always chambered. Not having one in the pipe is like trying to put your seat belt on before you NEED it.

Comment

if it aint loaded it aint safe!!!

Comment

The only time it doesn't have a round in the pipe is when I'm cleaning it. same goes for the rest of my guns. Oh wait I forgot all my guns were lost in a boating accident

Comment

Never ever. Pointless!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never

The ONLY time the tube is clear is when I'm unloading it to clean it

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                How often do you carry and not put one in the chamber?

I am going to admit I've gotten lazy of late and do not chamber a round. If its a short trip, and I know I'll be home soon I don't bother. I know I need to, but its the PITA (to me) to get home and de-chamber the weapon for storage.

Decided today that I need to get better and secure storage, so once I chamber around, I can store the weapon when I get home. And stop dealing with unchambering the round for storage.

So, again with the question. How often do you carry and not chamber a round?
                                Because nobody ever needs a gun on a "short trip".

Comment

Working...
                                X