No announcement yet.

One in the chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot out the waistband. With that said I do understand little hands. My kids are older and look at a p365 on the counter like a dirty dish… they don’t look twice at it or touch it for any reason. But carrying is another deal. Locked ready to roll.

Comment

Never unload mine! Will rotate mags from time to time in an effort to keep the mag springs in good order...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kjheiter View Post
        I never keep a round in the chamber, just how I was raised. What is y’all’s safety protocol especially when little hands are around?
        Have a bedside speed safe on my side and my wife's side of the bed. Guns go in the safe when not carrying.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

My carry pistol is chambered 24/7. It is either in my belt, in the door pocket of my car when it’s parked at my shop, car is locked if there are any kids around.

When I get home it goes on top of the China cabinet, when I go to bed it goes on top of the Armoire. Neither of those can be reached by my kids standing on a chair.

There are no other guns kept out and about, they are all in the safe. The ones that may be grabbed in a hurry have loaded mags, empty chambers. Everything else is left unloaded.

IMO it’s incredibly foolish to carry a pistol on your person with an empty chamber. If you leave it in your truck the majority of the time it doesn’t really matter, as you probably won’t be able to reach it when you need it anyways.

Comment

every weapon in my house is loaded, ready to fire.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
              My carry pistol is chambered 24/7. It is either in my belt, in the door pocket of my car when it’s parked at my shop, car is locked if there are any kids around.

When I get home it goes on top of the China cabinet, when I go to bed it goes on top of the Armoire. Neither of those can be reached by my kids standing on a chair.

There are no other guns kept out and about, they are all in the safe. The ones that may be grabbed in a hurry have loaded mags, empty chambers. Everything else is left unloaded.

IMO it’s incredibly foolish to carry a pistol on your person with an empty chamber. If you leave it in your truck the majority of the time it doesn’t really matter, as you probably won’t be able to reach it when you need it anyways.
              Dang man, who did you Tick off?

Comment

Always one in the chamber, unless it’s in the safe. One on my person and typically 2 more in my truck, all loaded with multiple spare mags. 870 stays loaded out of kids’ reach in the closet, and another pistol in my bedroom out of reach. Carrying a gun without one in the hole is pointless IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kjheiter View Post
                  I never keep a round in the chamber, just how I was raised. What is y’all’s safety protocol especially when little hands are around?

Every firearm in my house is loaded round in the chamber except for my shotgun.

Everything stays in a safe and the guns scattered throughout the house are up higg where the can’t reach them. Top of fridge coat rack etc. But honestly I have a 1.5 yr old running around the house and I leave unloaded stuff out just to see how she reacts all the time and she doesn’t give a rip about them. Won’t play with them or anything but she has been around them since before she could walk and their is 0 novelty about them so she just doesn’t care. Rather play with her blocks and stuffed animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep in in the chamber 24/7 and on my shield the Saftey is in the Fire position

I was taught that in a emergency you don’t want to have to load the chamber.

Just pull aim and squeeze.

Comment

Never.
                      I also don't unload when storing my carry pistol. I keep it along with my wifes pistol in a small safe on the night stand.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        Loaded 24/7
                        Me also

Comment

An unchambered carry pistol is a hollywood phenomena and a luxury only for offensive situations. I don't even walk from the shooting range back to the vehicle on an empty chamber. In a defensive situation you are already operating on reaction vs action. Average gun fight lasting 3-5 seconds and average recognition/decision/draw/egage sequence for a well trained individual is about 1.5 seconds means you're already half way behind in the gunfight if it is a reactive scenario.

Add racking a round to that sequence and the fight is most likely already over before you even engage. Or, more realistically, adrenaline and muscle memory take over and you are drawing and repeatedly pulling the trigger on an empty chamber. Hopefully you survive long enough to get that sick feeling in your stomach from the moment of horror when you realize why the weapon is not firing.

There are plenty of double action models with lawyer triggers that are perfectly safe to carry and keep loaded at all times; just lock it up when not carrying if safety at home is a concern.

Comment

I mostly carry revolver for this reason. When I carry auto, I keep one in the chamber though.

Comment

If my carry weapon is on me or in the biometric safe in the bedside table, it's got one in the chamber.
                              Any firearm that is in my gun safe is unloaded.

Comment

A pain to take a round out of the chamber? More painful to not have it and need it. ��

Comment

Working...
                                X