No announcement yet.

Foods you just have not had the opportunity to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep getting tempted to head down to Popeye's to get that sandwich, but then I think of all the chicken tears that go into making them.

Comment

Tide pods....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Very few items on my list. Wife and I will do a bag of snails in garlic and butter for lunch.

Currently chasing a bowl of turtle soup in Houston. Looks like I have to buy a sports coat to get into Brennens. Guess I should have one or two in the closet anyway.

Any other ideas on turtle soup in H town??????
        It s been a few years but for work we would hit Perry's Steakhouse for that famous Pork Chop. They had a turtle soup and came with small carafe of sherry to add. It was pretty dang good.

Comment

True Cajun cooking. A goal of mine is to take a motorcycle ride thru LA and eat, eat & eat some more!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
            I keep hearing about butter beans. I’ve never had em. Some say I’m missing out. I’m just not sure. I still haven’t had a good blue crab out of the Gulf. What are you missing?

This is un-Christain and un-American to not have eaten butter beans. Please deactivate your TBH account until you have some!!! Lol.

Growing up we were poor. Beans went a long way! I love all forms of beans and cornbread. For the times we have them now I almost go back in time.

Comment

I don’t know how it came up in conversation but somehow we got to talking about eating horse. I’d love to try a big old horse steak someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Dad would roast up Squad Pigeon and considered it a delicacy. Basically a tiny dark meat chicken and closer to a quail than anything.
                Not my favorite, but unusual today.

Comment

I’ve never tried turtle soup. I’d like to.
                  Horse....I’m not a hundred percent sure but I think I may have eaten horse a time or two, after all, I was in the army.

Comment

oysters on the half shell... just can't do it.

Comment

Berry bear meat

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        It s been a few years but for work we would hit Perry's Steakhouse for that famous Pork Chop. They had a turtle soup and came with small carafe of sherry to add. It was pretty dang good.
                        Ate there 2 weeks ago. It must be an off the menu item.........

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          Very few items on my list. Wife and I will do a bag of snails in garlic and butter for lunch.

Currently chasing a bowl of turtle soup in Houston. Looks like I have to buy a sports coat to get into Brennens. Guess I should have one or two in the closet anyway.

Any other ideas on turtle soup in H town??????
                          Don't know about a restaurant, but have had it a few times. It's great. Used to be a bar in fannett on the bayou that would have a turtle cook-off.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

In spite of my advanced years I've never tried lamb.. Not opposed to it, just haven't gone after it.

Comment

I really want to try horse.

Comment

I almost forget: I’ve never had Wagyu or Kobe beef. I specifically want to try olive wagyu, which is supposed to be the rarest beef in the world. I found a place selling it last month during what I guess is their harvest season, so now I have an olive wagyu ribeye in my freezer. Still need to cook it though. I am VERY excited about it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X