No announcement yet.

What the Heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just informed the office to be on the look out....................

Comment

How about we just do away with tipping and pay servers a normal wage? I'm tired of subsidizing someone else's labor costs through tipping...I'd rather pay a little more for the food and do away with the practice as a whole

Comment

"telling your customers you are going to charge them more because they are too bigoted to tip fairly might not be a winning restaurant strategy. Just sayin’."

I suppose some customers will support the policy or just shrug and pay it. I would hope however there will be a huge backlash and the business suffers.

Comment

Businesses in Texas won't be doing this for long before they stop or shut down due to lack of customers

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            This is nuts----but it isn't in Texas though a friend said he'd seen some odd charges on fast food bills lately.

Wouldn't it be better for business to just get new menus with higher prices and not throw this out in all your customer's faces?

https://fee.org/articles/restaurants...ht-oppression/
            No, because a 15% across the board increase would price them out of the market and be viewed as greedy. Label it an “equity fee” and you get PR mileage out of it, virtue signaling and thus attract others who wish to virtue signal.

Id be really intrigued to see how this is distributed across staffing, how much ownership/management take off the top. More in depth, is it distributed equally across staff or based on race/gender? How can they legally compensate differently based on that?

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
              How about we just do away with tipping and pay servers a normal wage? I'm tired of subsidizing someone else's labor costs through tipping...I'd rather pay a little more for the food and do away with the practice as a whole
              What incentive would that give Servers! Especially in This day and Time? I tip accordingly!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                What incentive would that give Servers! Especially in This day and Time? I tip accordingly!
                What incentive do you have to do your job properly?...

Pay them a normal wage and if they do poorly get rid of them.

Comment

^^^^ this right here.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds great but they are having a hard time filling spots as it is! So either way it’s a bust!
                    Well, I’m retired
                    But I was also Blessed with a great work ethic and skills!

Comment

The restaurant owner is just being a good liberal. They are always willing to give someone the shirt off of someone else’s back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post

Haven’t had good food service in years anyways so not like tips are motivating them anyways. They just expect the tip for nothing.

Comment

If I tip anyone 15%, they probably did a poor service.

Comment

That is a big no for me!! And if I find out they are making $16 per hour then no tip. Sorry but I'm not paying for them to double dip and it is either one or the other. My son making $10 an hour working for an electrician doesn't get tips...nor should he...

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              The restaurant owner is just being a good liberal. They are always willing to give someone the shirt off of someone else’s back.
                              Very well put!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Yes sir!
                                I would pay the bill, minus the equity, and never go back.
                                It's getting out of hand yo
                                Word

Comment

Working...
                                X