Bragging on a Grand Daughter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bragging on a Grand Daughter!

I just have to post this. An article written about Rylee and my daughter and son-in-law. Thought it was well written.

I want to brag on this girl right here. She is truly an offensive MVP from this last weekend. She batted .667 on the weekend to lead our team in batting average. Rylee has had to work to get there mentally and physically and she has proven when you put your mind to it, you can do it! We could not have won this weekend without the huge role she played in the lineup. She also was moved from 1st base (which she usually always plays) to 3rd base all weekend and it didn’t phase her.
    She and her family are the epitome of a coach’s dream. She shows up, works hard and NEVER complains. One time before practice Rylee was crying off to the side, because she was hurt and couldn’t practice and I heard mom telling her, “you better dry it up, get up, and go be a good teammate and you help anyway you can. “ She still came to practice, even though she was hurt and they live out of town. Secondly, mom didn’t feel sorry for her, she taught her a life lesson right there about what team really looks like.
    Her parents don’t make excuses for her. Her parents don’t run to the dugout to talk to her or comfort her when she does something wrong or gets yelled at, they don’t come to the dugout when she does well… they cheer from the stands. She shows up and plays hard wherever I put her. If she’s sitting out an inning, she’s the same Rylee as when she’s playing infield. She will out work anyone, not to try to impress or hear praise but because that’s who she is! (There is a difference)
    Rylee coming out and being an offensive MVP this weekend after some ups and downs at the plate is because she has solid parents. At the state tourney she often was used as a flex player and didn’t bat. Her parents didn’t stress, they didn’t talk mess about other kids who were batting, they didn’t yell at her from the stands, they didn’t ask me a question about it but were there usual cheerful upbeat parents . Rylee just kept being Rylee and that paid off big!
    Rylee, I’m so proud of you. You were a stud this weekend and more importantly you are a great example of what grit and determination look like. You are a true light to your team! Players like this are rare and you will see her playing college basketball or softball one day because these kind of attributes, mixed with her talent will reap rewards!
    Attached Files

Awesome!

Comment

good Stuff

Comment

Bravo Rylee!!

Comment

Way to go Rylee! You should brag her

Comment

Kudos to the young lady and her parents.

Comment

That’s Great.

Comment

Wadda go Rylee!

Comment

Great.................

Comment

Good deal!

Comment

Congrats to your Granddaughter and your family, sounds like she is a terrific young lady!

Comment

A kid like this is the result of a long line of good breeding. Congratulations on helping to raise a selfless and self-actualized young lady.

Comment

Greatness

Comment

Well worth bragging about old friend!

Comment

Awesome story about your granddaughter. Rylee and her parents are showing us all how it is done. Good luck to her.

Comment

Working...
                              X