No announcement yet.

Recommend me a family camping tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I just bought a big Ozark Trail tent from Wally World. It can fit 2 queen size air mattresses in it, so if everyone had sleeping bags then you could fit 6-8, but it would be snug. It has a divider you can hang up, and it has LED lights integrated in the ceiling poles. It’s recommended to have 2 people put it up, but I was able to put it up by myself in less than 10 minutes the first time. Next time I should be able to put it up in 5 minutes. It’s going to take longer to stake it down then putting it up!! Plus, the tent has a provision to put a window unit A/C in it!!!! I think we paid about $200 for it.

Comment

Can’t beat a 12 or 16 man tipi! Kifaru or seek outside. Both have accessories to separate sides of tipi giving you multiple rooms, also can have bug nets and screen doors, as well as a stove for winter camping.

Comment

Please keep in mind that many of these large tents will not hold up in any kind of severe weather. Not a big deal for camping with 10 mph winds and rain showers, but if you get a bad storm they aren’t going to be any type of “shelter”.

Not really a big deal in most cases since they are so heavy you’ll be right next to your car, but worth thinking about.

I’m a fan of actual smaller dome tents, it’s not a big deal to put your pants on while you’re on your back or kneeling.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
          Please keep in mind that many of these large tents will not hold up in any kind of severe weather. Not a big deal for camping with 10 mph winds and rain showers, but if you get a bad storm they aren’t going to be any type of “shelter”.

Not really a big deal in most cases since they are so heavy you’ll be right next to your car, but worth thinking about.

I’m a fan of actual smaller dome tents, it’s not a big deal to put your pants on while you’re on your back or kneeling.
          See post #2.

Comment

Working...
          X