A/C question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C question?

So we were gone to Rayburn this weekend and when we got home the a/c was out. Repair company came out today and replaced the capacitor and its running again but not sure its cooling properly. The capacitor was replaced at 10 am this morning and it was 87 degrees inside. Now 7 hours later its still 78 degrees inside with the thermostat set to 70? Is it just me or should it be cooling faster? I had it serviced 2 weeks ago because it froze up and was low on freon. They put 2 lbs it and it cooled properly but they didn't check for a leak, I did climb in attic and nothing is froze up. My dad was here with them while we were at work. I been here 13 years and it just dont seem right. They checked the freon today also and said it was right and everything was working properly. In my head it should be cooling faster but maybe not. It is a two story roughly 2000 sq ft with one unit. It has always froze us out for the past 13 years. All filters are new also.

On a hot day its going to take awhile. Looks like it was in the mid to low 90s earlier so I'd say its on pace.. I've seen a house that warm take until midnight to cool when it gets fixed at 2-3 pm. I'd let it go through the night and see how it does tomorrow.

Air doesn't blow colder or harder when set to 70, it just blows longer....

Comment

It seems I've been told 2 degrees an hour and no more than 20 degrees cooler than outside

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-21-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

If you need 2 lbs of Freon, you have a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
          If you need 2 lbs of Freon, you have a leak.

Sure but as long as its a slow leak that's not going to affect his cooling immediately.....or at least it didn't for me. I went 8ish years adding 2-3 lbs a year before buying a new system..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Sure but as long as its a slow leak that's not going to affect his cooling immediately.....or at least it didn't for me. I went 8ish years adding 2-3 lbs a year before buying a new system..
            Exactly and freon level was normal today when checked. I was juat wondering if the rate its cooling now seems normal. I guess I was expecting it to be alot cooler at 330 than what it was.

Comment

Your system is not only cooling the air inside but also everything else inside. Furniture, rugs, carpet, beds, and flooring. It's also pulling out the humidity that is making it uncomfortable. It should get there before too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Exactly and freon level was normal today when checked. I was juat wondering if the rate its cooling now seems normal. I guess I was expecting it to be alot cooler at 330 than what it was.

I'm not an AC guy...just a homeowner with the exact experience several times with the freon fill I needed annually before the new system. That's a hot part of the day to get your temps down from 87. I bet you will be fine. Maybe an AC guy will chime in and confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Sure but as long as its a slow leak..I went 8ish years adding 2-3 lbs a year before buying a new system..
                  You and Al Gore are creating holes in the ozone layer. Lol

Comment

It will be fine sleep naked with a box fan

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

it takes awhile to cool down all of that water in the air. hang in there

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                        you and al gore are creating holes in the ozone layer. Lol

lol......was....:d

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                          it takes awhile to cool down all of that water in the air. hang in there
                          Im hanging lol. Just wanting to make sure it should take this long. I guess I was expecting to come home to a cool house a little to soon

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            It will be fine sleep naked with a box fan

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                            Let me borrow yours😉🤣

Comment

Think of it this way. When a house goes without cooling for a couple of days the whole house heats up to 87 degrees not just the air. So as the air cools down it’s taking heat out of the walls, furniture etc. once it cools everything down it will keep the house at your set point.

Comment

Working...
                              X