No announcement yet.

Grand Design RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a Grand Design 2800BH about a month ago. When I went to pick it up, it was not getting power from the pole at the dealership. They fixed it pretty quickly but I would have thought that would have been noticed before I picked it up. Last week we went on a short "shake down" trip. Water would not get hot on either gas or electric. That is fixed now and the dealership said it was improper factory installation. Does anyone believe in quality control before a product goes out the door anymore?

I like everything else about it thus far. All R.V.'s have issues. It is the nature of the beast in my opinion. I have run the whole gamut in my life. Started with a pop up, then to travel trailer, then to 5th wheel, a 40 ft Motor Home and now back to a travel trailer.

Greatest day of my life was getting rid of the Motorhome. Perpetual problems with that unit. The Jayco 5th wheeler was my most trouble free.

I have not had the Grand Design long enough to really pass judgement but after the initial kinks were worked out, I really think we will like it.

Comment

on my 3rd Keystone TT love them all. Like other state RVs are built cheap.

No matter what you get buying from the best of a sorry lot of manufactures.

They all have issues. Its just what issues you will have. Roof Construction and sealing is the biggest thing to look at. These trailers all HATE water. So how they keep it out is the starting point. From there. its a crap shoot

Comment

They all have issues. The MOST IMPORTANT THING in buying a RV is not the brand, but the service department. If you think I am kidding, you will find out. I have friends that bought a 5th wheel last year brand new and it has been in the shop waiting on repairs for 7 of the 10 months they have owned it.

Comment

GD Transcend 265BH
          Also purchased from Camper Clinic in Rockport.
          We are on our second summer, and have been enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            GD Transcend 265BH
            That's a really cool floorplan for that size trailer. I really like those rear bunks, and I'd LOVE to have that exterior storage under them. I aaaalmost talked myself into that trailer when I bought mine.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
              They all have issues. The MOST IMPORTANT THING in buying a RV is not the brand, but the service department. If you think I am kidding, you will find out. I have friends that bought a 5th wheel last year brand new and it has been in the shop waiting on repairs for 7 of the 10 months they have owned it.
              Ain't that the truth. Our RV is in for it's yearly warranty repairs. They have requested three months to do repairs. I had a list of 20 items, most of which were very minor items. Only one is kind of a PITA, but can be done in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Jayco is not what they used to be. Lower end quality now days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I heard this as well. Jayco got bought out and hasn't been the same since.

Comment

My parents have a Grand Design. Its nice. They had an issue with the fridge right off the bat. It seems to be a common issue with their double door RV fridges. I wouldn't hesitate to make my next trailer a GD but would have to have a residential fridge in it.

Comment

Stay away from Forest River. A guy at my station is a RV repairman and he works on FR more than any other.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                      GD Transcend 265BH

We looked for that camper when we bought ours a few weeks ago. None are to be found but could be ordered and no idea how long it would take. That’s the best floor plan for a sub30 ft trailer. Looked at a lot of trailers and they are all made cheap.

Comment

We just bought a 2021 Transcend, 29BH I really like this Camper because it only has 1 dump outlet. Our Keystone Sprinter had 3 outlets. It was a mess of hoses. We are also having some issues with the refrigerator in this new camper. I think it’s because my kids move the thermostat to 75 and the AC doesn’t shut off so the refrigerator loses power. I may be wrong. Insight on this issue would help.

Comment

I have a Grand Design Reflection that has been great. We have put some miles on it without issue.

Comment

2018 28BH Grand Design Reflection has been great!

Comment

Grand Design is now owned by Winnebago. Seems the companies like this get bought by the big companies. Also they have had such a high demand (all mfrs) and lack of components in some cases that they are putting them together as fast as they can. There will be issues. Refrigerators seem to be a big one. Fortunately, we keep ours at home and turn the frig on a couple of days prior to leaving. We freeze bottles of water in the freezer and carry bagged ice from home. This really helps keep it cold but we don't have kiddos in and out of it either.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                We looked for that camper when we bought ours a few weeks ago. None are to be found but could be ordered and no idea how long it would take. That’s the best floor plan for a sub30 ft trailer. Looked at a lot of trailers and they are all made cheap.
                                We bought ours in May of last year. It was the only one we could find in the state, so we jumped on it.

We researched them to death. Even went to the Houston RV show, and that helped narrow the field to GD. We love this floorplan. It has the most countertop space, and biggest bathroom of any camper in its class. That was a huge selling point for us.

I wish it had 2 AC's, but so far it has not been an issue. I have done what I can to keep the daytime sun out (black Maxxair vent covers), and I just installed an RVairflow, so we will see how much that helps. I will say that it does what it advertises. There is a whole lot more flow out of the ducts. On one side some air was getting blown into the roof "attic" cavity due to poor factory installation/alignment of the piece that directs the flow of air from the ac to the ducts.

Comment

Working...
                                X