No announcement yet.

YETI rambler- 30oz- Defective??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say mine is great. I can easily have ice 24 hrs later. Most likely defective. I did have one day in July where I left it in my car and came back 10 hrs later. Ice was melted but water was ice cold.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
      Ive been real happy with my 30.

Fill mine with Ice and water at 6am and leave it at home and its still got ice at 6pm when I get home and theres usually ice still floating in the water the next morning when I get up.

More than impressed with mine
      So it takes you all day to drink 30oz of water?

Comment

I have 2 of them. One I leave at the lease will hold ice for hours. One I use around the house and it doesn't hold ice as long.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
          So it takes you all day to drink 30oz of water?

I fill my 30 up with ice and water when I leave the house in the morning. I leave it in my truck so I have ice water to sip on the way home. That's usually a good 12-13 hours later, and there's always 90% of the ice left. In fact I fill it up again when I get home from work and drink that then fill it up before bed and leave it on the nightstand. Still some of the original ice the next morning.

Comment

I refill mine about 2-3x at work and it's got ice all day. Never had an issue. the GF keeps her coffee in the 20 and like some say, has to take the lid off to cool it down sometimes.

Might be yours.

Comment

They are vacuum insulated. If they loose the vaccum, they are done. Sounds like yours has lost its vaccum or never had it. Yeti should replace it free of charge. I can fill mine with ice and water at 10 pm, get up and refill just the water in the morning, leave it in my truck in the sun in July till 330 in the evening and sometimes it will still have ice. Even if it doesnt, the water is still ice cold. The outside will be hot enough to burn your lips but the water will still be cold.

Comment

I fill mine up with ice and water in the morning when I get to work (7:30-8am) I refill it with water usually 2 times during the day, never add ice. If I don't finish it before I leave usually has ice the next morning when I go to wash and refill it.

Comment

Did you put it in the dishwasher?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                    I have not been impressed with my rambler since I bought it.. it keeps ice no longer than my camo tervis. I can fill it up at night 12pm with ice and water to the top and leave it until when I wake up(5am) and there will be no ice left. And dont even get me started on the coffee, fresh made coffee poured into it at 5:30, by 7:30 luke warm coffee. I dont get it, for $40 Im not impressed, and no its never been in the dishwasher.
                    Mine does this too with ice water at night but it keep my coffee hot for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      I fill my 30 up with ice and water when I leave the house in the morning. I leave it in my truck so I have ice water to sip on the way home. That's usually a good 12-13 hours later, and there's always 90% of the ice left. In fact I fill it up again when I get home from work and drink that then fill it up before bed and leave it on the nightstand. Still some of the original ice the next morning.
                      X2

Comment

YETI rambler- 30oz- Defective??

Both of mine work fantastically!

My 20oz holds coffee hot for hours.

My 30oz keeps ice for at least 12 hours through multiple refills.

My 30oz actually got put in the dishwasher by accident by my daughter and it still works fine.

Comment

Sounds like you got a bad one. Mine keeps ice fairly easily for 24 hrs.

Comment

I have to be really careful with my yeti mugs. I put hot coffee in one, and for some reason my wife put it in the freezer. The next day, all the meat was thawed out and ruined and the compressor was overheating. very powerful are the yet mugs.

Comment

Just so everyone knows. Yeti puts these out to bid with their specs. If the vendor does not build it to spec, I could see an issue. I would assume they replace it for free.

Comment

Guess I need to call yeti too.
                                My 20 oz performs no better than the TBH mug I bought at 'Nanza a few years ago.

It doesnt hold ice over night or keep coffee hot for hours on end.... It's a good cup, just as good as my TBH one, but there is nothing special about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X