No announcement yet.

Hog or deer beds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Tapatalk won’t let me post the video. But this is him bedded, and a couple pics of my bow in the bed to show the depth. I got an arrow in him and tracked him a long dang ways and was able to shoot him again but the second shot just barely cut his leg and I never recovered him.
    Pretty good sized boar about 180 ish
    I’ve seen it several times but most always it’s evident it’s a group of hogs (sows) . As I’m sure the Op’s pic is also.
    This one was a solo bed with a boar in it. Makes me believe they do it more than we think. Why wouldn’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, boars build 'em too. Jumped many out of beds along the river.

Comment

i imagine you could smell something that would say...hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
          Boars will do it also. I’ll shot one in a bed just like this last year. Shot wasn’t great. Tracked him a long ways and was able to shoot him again.
          That sounds like fun!! I did this years ago on a lease in Sonora. I shot a big mature doe early bow season. It was hot that morning-trailed her for a long ways and got lucky to see her 70 yrds in front of me bedded under a huge live oak. Her head was up looking at me with her dead giveaway big ears. I crouched down and waited to see if she would get up. She didn't. Once she calmed down, I put an arrow in her boiler room as she layed there. She never got up. I'll never forget watching that arrow arching down from above her and hitting its mark!

Comment

Working...
          X