No announcement yet.

Questions about Fredericksburg Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We booked a pretty cool place a few mins North of town. I had found this one and another place within walking distance to everything but I let my wife choose and she liked this one better.

Comment

Wife likes to visit the herb garden, breakfast @ sunset grill ( eggs Benedict)
      Lots of wine tasting @ the different vineyards
      Whiskey tasting in Hye Tx
      Alamo springs
      Wild flower farm on 290 E

Comment

Wineries:

1. August Vin
        2. Grape Creek
        3. 4.0

Restaurants:

1. Nicer Options (Would probably try to get reservations)
        a. August E
        b. Vaudeville
        c. Navajo Grill
        d. Cabernet Grill
        e. Otto’s

2. Burger/Pizza
        a. Hondo’s - Burger
        b. Sozial House - Pizza
        c. West End Pizza - Pizza (May be closed)
        d. Pecan Grove - Burgers
        e. Alamo Springs - Burgers

3. Other good options:
        a. Old German Bakery (good breakfast)
        b. Hill Top Café (not as fancy, but cool atmosphere and good food. A little bit outside of town).
        c. Altstadt Brewery
        d. Auslander
        e. Woerner Warehouse
        f. Altdorf
        g. Crossroads Saloon
        h. Backwoods BBQ

Fburg went from having around 6 active cases of COVID to over 100 active cases within about a month back in November and has held steady at over 100 cases. Currently has over 150 cases. However, this isn't surprising as it seems that most of the people that are walking down main street aren't wearing a mask.
        Last edited by TB80; 01-20-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Backwoods BBQ was great when we went this past summer. Dern good Food!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            It has moved, well was actually closed for the move when we were there last week in Dec. Should be open by the time OP is there but won't be on Main
            Its not opening anytime soon. Still tons of work to be done. They are hoping by March. My guess is May. So unless OP is coming back later this year it won't be open.

Comment

If you go to Kerrville, you got to stop at Gibsons. Which way are you going ?
              Georgetown to Burnet to Llano then Fredericksburg is a nice drive. Once you get past Sewards Junction it’s good.

Comment

Lots of good photo opportunities out on OSR towards Alamo Springs if your into old German buildings etc. There is a great backdrop For a family shot on top of the bat tunnel at Alamo Springs. It overlooks a canyon etc. there is about a 1/2 mile walk around it when you go down to the bottom to look in bat cave.

Comment

garrison Brothers Distillery is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                    If you go to Kerrville, you got to stop at Gibsons. Which way are you going ?
                    Georgetown to Burnet to Llano then Fredericksburg is a nice drive. Once you get past Sewards Junction it’s good.
                    We live in Livingston so we will be driving south on 59, hitting 99, and then take 290. That seems to be the quickest route. We may take a more scenic route on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      We booked a pretty cool place a few mins North of town. I had found this one and another place within walking distance to everything but I let my wife choose and she liked this one better.

https://www.vrbo.com/2174480?adultsCount=2&noDates=true
                      we stayed here, its nice. deer out in the field across from the hottub all day

Comment

Originally posted by wba123 View Post
                        we stayed here, its nice. deer out in the field across from the hottub all day
                        Good deal. It looked like a nice place for the price. How far out of town was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          Good deal. It looked like a nice place for the price. How far out of town was it?
                          5-10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by wba123 View Post
                            5-10 minutes
                            Ok good, that's what I thought. Thanks

Comment

It'll be hard not to have a good time.
                              The museum is worth it but I hear ya about the wife not being into it.
                              Old German Bakery is good.
                              If you like mexican food Campo Azul and La Tequila Jalisco are both outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                                It'll be hard not to have a good time.
                                The museum is worth it but I hear ya about the wife not being into it.
                                Old German Bakery is good.
                                If you like mexican food Campo Azul and La Tequila Jalisco are both outstanding.
                                I mentioned the museum to her last night and she seemed interested. We are always down for some good Mexican food! I love bakeries but my waist doesn't...

Comment

Working...
                                X