Light on AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Trex Arms seriously? That’s the best you can come up with? He’s a joke to anyone that actually use their arms for anything but YouTube videos. You lost all credibility right there haha

I don’t care about shadow on this rifle. It’s a 17” rifle I use for killing hogs and coyotes. I use what’s comfortable, and until a switch for it comes back in stock this light isn’t moving. It’s where I can comfortably press the tailcap switch.

That sounds like a very Ill informed comment. What are you basing your opinion on? He constantly promotes training, fighting for your rights, and owning quality gear and learning how to use it. The only argument I see people have is “he isn’t mil or le” guess what mil and le don’t get to spend 90% of their time shooting they have tons of aspects to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      I'm really not understanding. You claim our lights to be too bright. Then to back up your statements, you point to people who use the lights you claim to be too bright.

Am I supposed to be shocked that 2 people who make and sell products that are specifically designed to eliminate barrel/suppressor shadow tell you it's super bad?

The only one in here acting like they know everything and making definitive statements is none other than, drum roll please........
      no actually , all i said was surefire was a good light , i never went into a specific model ..

your buddy is the one who continued with mine is bigger and better than yours .. all my point is that it's not true . anyone who has ever shot a red dot at night will attest to much light can cause wash out .. but again yall do what you want , and talk all the smack you want .. my surefire on my gun has never failed me , never washed out my optics , doesn't cast a shadow , and uses a pressure pad with a switch on the light itself ... and it's output is nowhere near what is available today ...

we could argue all day ... and you'll keep defending your buddies and that's fine too .. and you can try to discredit Travis and Lucas all you want, but i've seen how they train and practice , so sorry .. i'm gonna lean toward their opinions over yours .. because i've followed their tips before and they were spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
        That sounds like a very Ill informed comment. What are you basing your opinion on? He constantly promotes training, fighting for your rights, and owning quality gear and learning how to use it. The only argument I see people have is “he isn’t mil or le” guess what mil and le don’t get to spend 90% of their time shooting they have tons of aspects to work.

exactly!
        talk smack about guys who test and bring products to the market to help our troops , LEO and even them .... not to mention the instructional videos , practice drills etc .. which are totally fantastic if you'd give them a try.

often those are the same guys who show up at a shoot with their gucci guns and end up sitting on the bench cause their gear won't run

Comment

I'm cool with the kid, he's a little bit of a dork but he's a huge proponent for the 2A community which is awesome.

I think a lot of the apprehension with Lucas is that people would rather take gunfighting tips from someone that's actually been in a gunfight before. There's so many good instructors out there with real-world two-way range knowledge thanks to the GWOT that his info can come across as less pertinent. He's a hell of a shooter for sure but its a different world when the targets are shooting back.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
            I'm cool with the kid, he's a little bit of a dork but he's a huge proponent for the 2A community which is awesome.

I think a lot of the apprehension with Lucas is that people would rather take gunfighting tips from someone that's actually been in a gunfight before. There's so many good instructors out there with real-world two-way range knowledge thanks to the GWOT that his info can come across as less pertinent. He's a hell of a shooter for sure but its a different world when the targets are shooting back.

That’s the thing though is he doesn’t teach tactics or gun fighting. He teaches shooting, like you said their are qualified guys to go to who have been in situations. That said you don’t have to have been in situations to know mechanics and tactics. He just wants people on the range, learning, and getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              exactly!
              talk smack about guys who test and bring products to the market to help our troops , LEO and even them .... not to mention the instructional videos , practice drills etc .. which are totally fantastic if you'd give them a try.

often those are the same guys who show up at a shoot with their gucci guns and end up sitting on the bench cause their gear won't run

They put out some fantastic educational content outside of shooting as well. I would contribute a large portion of where I’m at in shooting to Lucas and similar guys, they’re the reason I have a battle belt setup and now a chest rig. They’re the reason I have some of the gear I do because it’s been shown to me as something valuable to have and know how to use.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post

agreed , but i also quoted Travis Haley and they trashed him too ..

and i'm pretty sure he's been shot at once or twice ...

Comment

No one in here trashed Travis Haley.

Comment

I still think the kids a dip****. Yes he’s a great shooter and very pro 2nd. Just like I don’t care if he likes me I’m sure he doesn’t care what I think of him. What does that have to do with this light?

Comment

They put out some fantastic educational content outside of shooting as well. I would contribute a large portion of where I’m at in shooting to Lucas and similar guys, they’re the reason I have a battle belt setup and now a chest rig. They’re the reason I have some of the gear I do because it’s been shown to me as something valuable to have and know how to use.

Lucas does great things with 2A outreach and I do think he is a great resource for equipment information since he gets his hands on a lot of different stuff.

As you said, Lucas himself acknowledges he does not have the proper background or knowledge to teach tactics. He is just a dorky, hard working guy who can shoot well.
                      Last edited by Clay C; 02-24-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

You’d be dangerous if you could read.

Comment

I run a 1-6 w/ duplex firedot but never even tried turning on the dot as it's really not needed with the modlite's brite throw. I'll give it a test & get back.

I did a bunch of research & went with the Modlite PLHv2-18650 over the okw & am happy...liked it so much I got one of their handheld units. The gents on M4carbine are constant on the modlite for long gun & SF for sidearm. They take their gun talk seriously.
                          Last edited by Artos; 02-24-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

That’s the thing though is he doesn’t teach tactics or gun fighting. He teaches shooting, like you said their are qualified guys to go to who have been in situations. That said you don’t have to have been in situations to know mechanics and tactics. He just wants people on the range, learning, and getting better.
                            I would argue the line between tactics/gunfighting and his preferred type of shooting isn't black/white its gray and there's overlap/cause&effect.
                            If he was just teaching people how to 3-gun and get the quickest times thats one thing but he's not.
                            The people that take everything he says as gospel and defend him to the end are also a cause for the way he's viewed.

Again, I don't mind the kid but take what he posts with a grain of salt.

Comment

Light

Originally posted by bigtex76 View Post
                              Thinking about putting a light on a AR. Which ones do you guys prefer?
                              Sniper Hog Light. What else is there.

Comment

You’d be dangerous if you could read.

Let’s be honest here. Too many of y’all throw out some dumb*** trade offers. You want to do that be my guest. It’s going to be in my favor if I accept it. Ifs it’s something I actually want (I’ll list it in the ad) and then I’ll give you same as cash value if it’s in good condition. Y’all that skip right over it aren’t hurting anyone’s feelings. That’s exactly what we wanted you to do. Keeps the stupid to a minimum.
                                Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                                You aren’t going to live long with your anger issues. Lol

Seriously, lighten up. It was not that serious of a thread. Calling folks stupid seems well stupid.
                                I just learned how to read, thank you, and i found that you're attacking people all the time on other threads as well .. so it's not just me.. i feel so much better knowing you're being a duck to everybody !

Comment

Working...
                                X