No announcement yet.

Light on AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sorry guys. I’m not trying to be mr tactical Devgru room clearer like Imyomama. I simply posted a picture to compare the two outputs, as well as my opinion on them. I haven’t found a situation where I prefer my 600DF, but it does stay on my bedside rifle as it does a good enough job for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Are you even a real shooter unless you quit a competition because you don't want to do the part that requires lifting things?
      It’s all about the gram! Gotta have that IG credibility!

Comment

Are you even a real shooter unless you quit a competition because you don't want to do the part that requires lifting things?
        ahah .. i'm glad i'm not the only one .. when a guy put down everyone else , including guys who clearly have the skills and actually train LOE's and people whose life rely on their equipment ... then post pics showing massive light with massive shadows banging on their chest like a cave man.

notice he didn't say crap about Travis .. nor is he posting any night tactical match he have used this on or even participated .

he calls Lucas a joke while his own skill level is self admitting he doesn't even own a remote tail cap ...

it's hilarious!

i'll gladly retract my post and offer an apology as soon as he posts a video of him shooting a night course anywhere close to lucas's pace and accuracy .. proving Lucas is a fraud and knows less than he does ... pretty sure not gonna happen ..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
          ahah .. i'm glad i'm not the only one .. when a guy put down everyone else , including guys who clearly have the skills and actually train LOE's and people whose life rely on their equipment ... then post pics showing massive light with massive shadows banging on their chest like a cave man.

notice he didn't say crap about Travis .. nor is he posting any night tactical match he have used this on or even participated .

he calls Lucas a joke while his own skill level is self admitting he doesn't even own a remote tail cap ...

it's hilarious!

i'll gladly retract my post and offer an apology as soon as he posts a video of him shooting a night course anywhere close to lucas's pace and accuracy .. proving Lucas is a fraud and knows less than he does ... pretty sure not gonna happen ..
          I don’t need an apology from you. I’m not a tier one door kicker like yourself, nor do I claim to be. I posted pics to show output. This light was ordered for this rifle which is a hunting rifle. I’m not the least bit concerned if it’s not tactical enough for you. If my light offends you then so be it. Most women and liberals do get offended easily. Which one are you?

Trex is a still a joke much like yourself haha

Comment

Also Clay was making fun of you. It’s apparent his thoughts on Lucas are the same lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              I’m sorry guys. I’m not trying to be mr tactical Devgru room clearer like Imyomama. I simply posted a picture to compare the two outputs, as well as my opinion on them. I haven’t found a situation where I prefer my 600DF, but it does stay on my bedside rifle as it does a good enough job for that purpose.
              never said i was .. and only pointing for advice in the direction of people who actually do this for work or a living ... but as an amateur , i've shot a few night time tactical matches , enough to know what works for me and what doesn't ... and pretty much your setup is used by .... nobody!

you however seem to know it all and what you say is always right .. and take a mili second to call people out , put word in their mouth in your reply and just play talking trash ..

you know they make those 3 foot dish lights that really throw out some light too ... maybe you could wheel that in for comparison ...

lastly , and again from my practical experience , shoot an ar with red dot and a light .. too much light and red dot totally washed out... turn your red dot too high and you can't see crap when light is off ... you want the right balance between your light and your optic ... and 1500 lumens ain't it!

same thing goes inside, put out so much light as the entire room lights up and the bad guys can see you too .. it's not know it all tacticool , it's just plain logic

again peace out!

Comment

never said i was .. and only pointing for advice in the direction of people who actually do this for work or a living ... but as an amateur , i've shot a few night time tactical matches , enough to know what works for me and what doesn't ... and pretty much your setup is used by .... nobody!

you however seem to know it all and what you say is always right .. and take a mili second to call people out , put word in their mouth in your reply and just play talking trash ..

you know they make those 3 foot dish lights that really throw out some light too ... maybe you could wheel that in for comparison ...

lastly , and again from my practical experience , shoot an ar with red dot and a light .. too much light and red dot totally washed out... turn your red dot too high and you can't see crap when light is off ... you want the right balance between your light and your optic ... and 1500 lumens ain't it!

same thing goes inside, put out so much light as the entire room lights up and the bad guys can see you too .. it's not know it all tacticool , it's just plain logic

again peace out!
                The Surefire is 1500 lumens. The Modlite is 660. LOLOL

What part of this rifle is used for hunting do you not get? My 600DF resides on an 11.5” 556 with a tape switch beside my bed. It’s setup for “room clearing” or whatever you seem to think I care about. It’s my defensive rifle and is setup as so. I don’t care that it has shadow it works for me. This is a truck gun that I can jump out and hit some hogs or a coyote with. This light is what I want for THIS rifle. I want throw the most out of it, which it is. It also has excellent spill which works well for THIS rifle. Anybody else can take a look at the pictures and make up their mind what works for THEIR rifle. I don’t give a crap what they buy or use.

I’ll say this. I completely felt the OKW would be horrible indoors as well. A buddy that runs a shoot house for the NNSA told me to give it a try anyways, and I might like it. I got these out to take pics last night for another buddy. I then compared them indoors as well. To my surprise he was right. I did prefer the OKW still indoors as well. This is the original reason for me taking the pics and comparing them.
                Last edited by TX03RUBI; 02-24-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

again peace out!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    The Surefire is 1500 lumens. The Modlite is 660. LOLOL

What part of this rifle is used for hunting do you not get? My 600DF resides on an 11.5” 556 with a tape switch beside my bed. It’s setup for “room clearing” or whatever you seem to think I care about. It’s my defensive rifle and is setup as so. I don’t care that it has shadow it works for me. This is a truck gun that I can jump out and hit some hogs or a coyote with. This light is what I want for THIS rifle. I want throw the most out of it, which it is. It also has excellent spill which works well for THIS rifle. Anybody else can take a look at the pictures and make up their mind what works for THEIR rifle. I don’t give a crap what they buy or use.

I’ll say this. I completely felt the OKW would be horrible indoors as well. A buddy that runs a shoot house for the NNSA told me to give it a try anyways, and I might like it. I got these out to take pics last night for another buddy. I then compared them indoors as well. To my surprise he was right. I did prefer the OKW still indoors as well.
                    you do you booboo..

Comment

again peace out!

I'm really not understanding. You claim our lights to be too bright. Then to back up your statements, you point to people who use the lights you claim to be too bright.

Am I supposed to be shocked that 2 people who make and sell products that are specifically designed to eliminate barrel/suppressor shadow tell you it's super bad?

The only one in here acting like they know everything and making definitive statements is none other than, drum roll please........

Comment

I'm really not understanding. You claim our lights to be too bright. Then to back up your statements, you point to people who use the lights you claim to be too bright.

Am I supposed to be shocked that 2 people who make and sell products that are specifically designed to eliminate barrel/suppressor shadow tell you it's super bad?

The only one in here acting like they know everything and making definitive statements is none other than, drum roll please........
                        don’t get no logic in here. Lucas is king and nobody better argue that

Comment

Sounds like modlight is the one to get.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtex76 View Post
                            Sounds like modlight is the one to get.
                            buy once - cry once...get the arisaka mount.

Comment

on a hunting gun, sure . on a tactical AR , you'll be blinded too and if there is more than one foe, you'll be dead before your eyes re-adjust ... hard pass of me on an AR .i'd choose light #1... you can do your own test at home .. with a pistol light too .. turn it on to aim at say a bad guy behind your couch , if you turn the light back off and you can't see the room any more, you probably have too much light. too much of a good thing is not always a good thing... my want in a tactical rifle light are , rugged , remote quality temp switch , secondary switch on the light itself ,focused beam , waterproof, shockproof and all that jazz .. overall brightness is not necessarily a top priority , nor is qd mount as i just leave it on. last note don't underestimate your muzzle device and it's effect on your light , ive seen guys with giant brakes who can't see squat when the gas looks like a giant white cloud in front of their gun due to light reflection.. another example of too much is not always better ... kinda like using your brights in fog ... good luck!

You can’t shoot what you can’t see, target identification is high on the list and there’s lots of guys with experience running lights in tactical situations where it proves a massive advantage rather than disadvantage. Both on a pistol and rifle are excellent pieces of kit to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

do yourself a favor and go look at youtube at haley strategic , Trex arms or others .. they do this all day ... and would totally make fun of that suppressor shadow and glare on the can which screams amateur night...

and BTY i never said clearing a house with a 17" rifle or using brakes indoor ...

done with this conversation .. always seems like the same people are know it all .. then post their pic with their can casting a shadow on half of the pic

here is an example of reliable places to go look for real information .. peace OUT!
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o28...nnel=T.REXARMS

I mean unless you’re running the light out flush with the end of the can you’re going to have a shadow. You can run a TRex light bar but odds are you’ll still have a shadow from the can, I run mine relatively far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X