No announcement yet.

Light on AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I decided to set up an upper on my tripod and take some pics tonight comparing my Modlite OKW vs my SureFire M600DF. Like I said. The 600DF (1500 Lumen flagship rifle light for SF) isn’t even close.

SureFire M600DF
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E8FEBA05-9768-42D2-BF45-DF8E9F8FDDEB.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	24645112

Modlite OKW
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B7763043-A473-4A2A-B2D1-912E60D78F6F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	24645113

Comment

I dont have one on a gun, but ive got a surefire thats a 1k lumen its good stuff runs on 3 cr123 batteries. That bottom pic is good of that suggested light. I likes me some bright flashlights

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        So I decided to set up an upper on my tripod and take some pics tonight comparing my Modlite OKW vs my SureFire M600DF. Like I said. The 600DF (1500 Lumen flagship rifle light for SF) isn’t even close.

SureFire M600DF
        [ATTACH]1041528[/ATTACH]

Modlite OKW
        [ATTACH]1041529[/ATTACH]

Modlite blows everything out of the water in terms of technology and customer service. That said the owners was personally a massive a hole to me which was not appreciated. I love the PLHV2 I have and it’s a killer product but man he needs some work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SureFire M600DF
          [ATTACH]1041528[/ATTACH]

Modlite OKW
          [ATTACH]1041529[/ATTACH]
          Dang!!! Nothing like a good side by side comparison.

Comment

on a hunting gun, sure . on a tactical AR , you'll be blinded too and if there is more than one foe, you'll be dead before your eyes re-adjust ... hard pass of me on an AR .i'd choose light #1... you can do your own test at home .. with a pistol light too .. turn it on to aim at say a bad guy behind your couch , if you turn the light back off and you can't see the room any more, you probably have too much light. too much of a good thing is not always a good thing... my want in a tactical rifle light are , rugged , remote quality temp switch , secondary switch on the light itself ,focused beam , waterproof, shockproof and all that jazz .. overall brightness is not necessarily a top priority , nor is qd mount as i just leave it on. last note don't underestimate your muzzle device and it's effect on your light , ive seen guys with giant brakes who can't see squat when the gas looks like a giant white cloud in front of their gun due to light reflection.. another example of too much is not always better ... kinda like using your brights in fog ... good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              on a hunting gun, sure . on a tactical AR , you'll be blinded too and if there is more than one foe, you'll be dead before your eyes re-adjust ... hard pass of me on an AR .i'd choose light #1... you can do your own test at home .. with a pistol light too .. turn it on to aim at say a bad guy behind your couch , if you turn the light back off and you can't see the room any more, you probably have too much light. too much of a good thing is not always a good thing... my want in a tactical rifle light are , rugged , remote quality temp switch , secondary switch on the light itself ,focused beam , waterproof, shockproof and all that jazz .. overall brightness is not necessarily a top priority , nor is qd mount as i just leave it on. last note don't underestimate your muzzle device and it's effect on your light , ive seen guys with giant brakes who can't see squat when the gas looks like a giant white cloud in front of their gun due to light reflection.. another example of too much is not always better ... kinda like using your brights in fog ... good luck!
              Anyone using a brake indoors deserves everything they get. Light is the least of their worries. I don’t have any intentions of clearing a house with a 17” rifle, so we’re good there as well. As for switches they take any Surefire switch while being as durable or more durable of a light. For the sake of argument I through the OKW on my 11.5 last night just to see what I thought indoors. Still preferred it to the Surefire.

Comment

More lumens & candela is better than less, people who have tested and trained and been in a more gunfights and killed more people than us have determined this already.

If you blind yourself, you weren't using the light correctly.

If there is more than one threat and their will to fight isn't immediately broken by a white light coming on combined with loud firm commands or you touching off rounds you're likely dead anyway, real life isn't John Wick.

Comment

do yourself a favor and go look at youtube at haley strategic , Trex arms or others .. they do this all day ... and would totally make fun of that suppressor shadow and glare on the can which screams amateur night...

and BTY i never said clearing a house with a 17" rifle or using brakes indoor ...

done with this conversation .. always seems like the same people are know it all .. then post their pic with their can casting a shadow on half of the pic

here is an example of reliable places to go look for real information .. peace OUT!
                  Lucas explains a new innovation from T.REX ARMS: the Lightbar. Eliminating suppressor shadow, and pushing the light further forward to improve ergonomics. Sp...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    What’s your budget?

Mod lite or Cloud defensive. Surefire is great and obviously has a long track record, but performance wise they are getting outpaced very quickly but the other two. Unless you need IR capability.

For a bit cheaper option than the above I like Arisaka.
                    I picked up a Cloud Defensive light during black Friday but haven't mounted yet. How would you compare to Mod lite?

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
                      I picked up a Cloud Defensive light during black Friday but haven't mounted yet. How would you compare to Mod lite?
                      I used to have an OWL. I got rid of it because it was a huge, heavy thing. It was like having an additional suppressor on the end of your rifle. I liked the light color/temp better than my Modlite. It allowed you to see really good detail. I know the new Reign is smaller/lighter, but haven't had a chance to try one yet. For the performance and form factor, I don't think anyone can beat Modlite right now

Comment

do yourself a favor and go look at youtube at haley strategic , Trex arms or others .. they do this all day ... and would totally make fun of that suppressor shadow and glare on the can which screams amateur night...

and BTY i never said clearing a house with a 17" rifle or using brakes indoor ...

done with this conversation .. always seems like the same people are know it all .. then post their pic with their can casting a shadow on half of the pic

here is an example of reliable places to go look for real information .. peace OUT!
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o28...nnel=T.REXARMS
                        Trex Arms seriously? That’s the best you can come up with? He’s a joke to anyone that actually use their arms for anything but YouTube videos. You lost all credibility right there haha

I don’t care about shadow on this rifle. It’s a 17” rifle I use for killing hogs and coyotes. I use what’s comfortable, and until a switch for it comes back in stock this light isn’t moving. It’s where I can comfortably press the tailcap switch.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o28...nnel=T.REXARMS

Wait, even if you are someone that takes Lucas at Trex arms seriously, doesn't he use and suggest those lights that according to you are too bright (Modlite)?

Comment

Trex Arms seriously? That’s the best you can come up with? He’s a joke to anyone that actually use their arms for anything but YouTube videos. You lost all credibility right there haha

I don’t care about shadow on this rifle. It’s a 17” rifle I use for killing hogs and coyotes. I use what’s comfortable, and until a switch for it comes back in stock this light isn’t moving. It’s where I can comfortably press the tailcap switch.
                            Are you even a real shooter unless you quit a competition because you don't want to do the part that requires lifting things?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              I used to have an OWL. I got rid of it because it was a huge, heavy thing. It was like having an additional suppressor on the end of your rifle. I liked the light color/temp better than my Modlite. It allowed you to see really good detail. I know the new Reign is smaller/lighter, but haven't had a chance to try one yet. For the performance and form factor, I don't think anyone can beat Modlite right now
                              Gotcha - yeah I picked up the REIN, so I’ll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
                                Gotcha - yeah I picked up the REIN, so I’ll see how it goes.
                                I'm sure it will be great. I'll probably pick up a REIN Micro at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X