• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for TD 22 updates.
    That storm is dancing!

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
      So what happens when we get to the letter "Z"?
      After the "W" storm, they start using the Greek alphabet. There are no X,Y, or Z storm names. The NWS has a list of 6 rotating names for each letter of the alphabet ending with W... If they have a big storm, they retire that name and pick a new one to put in the list. The list is rotated each year... Each name for the letters are 3 male and 3 female names. They could not come up with enough names that end in X,Y, or Z to maintain the list, thus the ending at "W"... We've only had to jump over to the Greek names once before, and I think it was 2009...

Comment

Man I swore I would never cuss rain being from South Texas but we could sure use a break down here. Been trying to get a pole barn up on my property for 3 weeks now. But it’s pretty much been raining every other day here. This is as far as the guys been able to get. Guess a all weather road will be my next project.
        Attached Files

Comment

Johnny and company - do you have any insight on how close a system in the gulf has to be before we start seeing water levels going up drastically etc?

As was said in another thread we’ve had hella high tides last couple mornings on some of our coastal holes and just wondering when in the time span of an approaching system with coastal potholes and marshes see dramatic increase in water levels / become not worth a hunt. Thanks for all the info

Comment

whos who now.... 98l just stole name wilfred. td 22 ( gulf storm ) will be name alpha.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              Johnny and company - do you have any insight on how close a system in the gulf has to be before we start seeing water levels going up drastically etc?

As was said in another thread we’ve had hella high tides last couple mornings on some of our coastal holes and just wondering when in the time span of an approaching system with coastal potholes and marshes see dramatic increase in water levels / become not worth a hunt. Thanks for all the info
              Depends on the strength of the storm.
              I live in Bridge City on Cow Bayou and Laura didn't raise the level but maybe a few inches. Now, if you are on the East side of the storm and it's got some significant wind, that's another story.

Comment

This storm is looking like a mini Harvey Hugging the coastal areas till coming in around Houston, a slow mover

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  This storm is looking like a mini Harvey Hugging the coastal areas till coming in around Houston, a slow mover
                  Yeah and GFS shows it make landfall, meander around, come back out and go up to the Galveston area.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    I thought that too, lets hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      whos who now.... 98l just stole name wilfred. td 22 ( gulf storm ) will be name alpha.
                      Storm by Portugal just stole Alpha. This one will be Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                        Yeah and GFS shows it make landfall, meander around, come back out and go up to the Galveston area.
                        Windy.com app is awesome not 100% accurate but still awesome to follow the storms

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                          I thought that too, lets hope not.

I thought it too was scared to say it out loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            I thought it too was scared to say it out loud

The weather channel just put up a warning to Houston to prepare for 8-12 inch and possibly 20+ inch and lake Charles possibility of more heavy rain

Comment

Next 7 day rain preview.

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                                Storm by Portugal just stole Alpha. This one will be Beta!

Comment

Working...
                                X