• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    how much did 50 lbs of sesame cost you
    $300

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uq89IR3ceOg"]Sesame field, June 23rd 2019 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That is looking great! Congrats. Weird how there is some gaps. Will be good for dove to land in those open areas. You will be amazed at how many hummingbirds will work those sesame flowers later in the summer. Weeds don't look too bad in there, dual mag did a fairly good job

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          That is looking great! Congrats. Weird how there is some gaps. Will be good for dove to land in those open areas. You will be amazed at how many hummingbirds will work those sesame flowers later in the summer. Weeds don't look too bad in there, dual mag did a fairly good job
          Yeah, I began to realize that about the weeds after I made the vid. They aren't all that bad

I think the gaps may be caused by the seed going to deep(?). What I've read, the sprout can't get through very heavy crust.
          Last edited by Brute Killer; 06-25-2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TM_AA-ZA2ck"]July 8th 2019, sesame maturing. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P3xfVh_gKSY"]July 8th 2019, Sesame drive around - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Wow!! That looks great!

Comment

Sesame looking awesome. Congrats

Comment

The hay Grazer is really dominating the Sesame, now. I am surprised at how fast it came up. If I had realized it was going to grow that much, I would have got the field sprayed with something to kill that grass.
                    [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kA73a6TVrK4"]Haygrazer dominating sesame - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Something peculiar is going on in this little patch. Although, this is the only spot I saw that was like this. The Dual Magnum (I don't know why I said Poast) is a pre-emergent herbicide, so that was just a wild guess.
                      [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SIWP_lCaALw"]something peculiar in the Sesame - YouTube[/ame]
                      Last edited by Brute Killer; 08-01-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

That is johnson grass that has taken over. In the future use a clethodim product and it will only kill grass plants and not the sesame. The sesame has a very long tap root on it so it's weird how some is wilting and other plants fine. My sesame got drowned out by the millets in the mix I planted. My sunflower patch is looking good though
                        Attached Files

Comment

I guess nobody plants croton anymore? Dove really chow down on these little seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            I guess nobody plants croton anymore? Dove really chow down on these little seeds.
                            I didn't know anyone planted croton.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                              That is johnson grass that has taken over. In the future use a clethodim product and it will only kill grass plants and not the sesame. The sesame has a very long tap root on it so it's weird how some is wilting and other plants fine. My sesame got drowned out by the millets in the mix I planted. My sunflower patch is looking good though
                              What 'model' sunflower is that? Hopefully they cure before season.....

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                What 'model' sunflower is that? Hopefully they cure before season.....
                                Mycogen NuSun Clearfield hybrids. They are drooping down now and drying rapidly. Already dove in it eating the few weed seeds that made. Millet plot to east of there was doing great and full of seed. Dang hogs came thru in one night and trampled the whole thing. I guess the corn buffets I set up for them aren't enuff

Comment

Working...
                                X