Daughters (x3) Play House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughters (x3) Play House

The girls have been hitting me up for a play house for a good while...after too many hours researching and dreaming with the girls I finally got to work on this thing. To give context I started this project in March 2020 fresh into the COVID mess and made quick progress until other aspects of life came back into the frontal view.

The plan was a 12x12 with gable roof with just about a 9 and 12 pitch. I planned to include some form of AC and would end up running power as well, but that would be many moons down the road. From there I just got started and kind of designed and built on the fly with lots of redos and coverups.

I did have some help from my dad occasionally and a few neighbor buddies who I think were just bored. Enjoy and easy on the judgement lol. I post pics in a few series. Most of the work on the house is done, just need to caulk and paint exterior and caulk and paint interior trim.

Laying the foundation. Aka building a dance floor/stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Framed up with a few helpers. Surprisingly square! (For now)

Comment

That looks like great fun! Good on you for involving your girls in the process. Not only will they learn practical skills most girls don’t have, they got enjoy spending focused time with Dad.

Comment

Getting skin! Don’t look close!

Comment

Very nice. I see one of those in my future.

Comment

It can snowball. Looking great, they will love it. We now have lights, fan and AC wired in. Daughter is in a phase she is worried there are wasps in it. This too shall pass. Everyone that visits loves it.

Comment

Pretty soon your HOA or City will be along telling you it is not to code and need to be torn down.

Comment

With all of your "little helpers" that job should have been knocked out in a weekend Cool project. I always enjoyed working with my girls.

Comment

Good job dad. Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                      Pretty soon your HOA or City will be along telling you it is not to code and need to be torn down.

Lol, in the county and HOA disbanded for the most part...but it’s also under the sqft requirements...I think...

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      It can snowball. Looking great, they will love it. We now have lights, fan and AC wired in. Daughter is in a phase she is worried there are wasps in it. This too shall pass. Everyone that visits loves it.

For sure!

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
                      With all of your "little helpers" that job should have been knocked out in a weekend Cool project. I always enjoyed working with my girls.

Oh trust me, they let me know my progress was severely lacking in urgency! Been fun!

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
                      Good job dad. Looking good

Thanks!

Comment

Steady progress.

Comment

Nice work dad. When they out grow it, you'll have a nice place to escape from three teenage daughters.

Comment

Dang, DoY.

Comment

That’s awesome!
                              Well done Dad!

Comment

Working...
                              X