Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I havent checked on this thread since it started. All I can say is WOW! You guys are killin it! Thats gonna be something to be proud of.

I also think you need to frame the pics of those boys putting the roof on to put inside the cabin when yall get done!

Gonna be a nice place to be for sure

I like the idea of putting up some pictures of the build. Heck I think I might just build an photo album for the build. I could just print up this entire thread with all of ya'll's comments and make it a book documenting the whole thing. Cool to think that my grand-kids who I may never even meet could read along.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
      I like the idea of putting up some pictures of the build. Heck I think I might just build an photo album for the build. I could just print up this entire thread with all of ya'll's comments and make it a book documenting the whole thing. Cool to think that my grand-kids who I may never even meet could read along.
      Grand idea sir!

Comment

tuning in,,, this is awesome, I'm totally jealous.

Comment

Looks awesome. In for the finished project.

Comment

Great pics and write up! Working solo is no joke. Kudos for the sticktoitaveness.

Great view. I see why you chose that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
              Great pics and write up! Working solo is no joke. Kudos for the sticktoitaveness.

Great view. I see why you chose that spot.

"sticktoitaveness" I love it! I am going to add that to my vocabulary. But it is very accurate, I am more than determined to get this done. In August it will be 2 years since I purchased the ranch and I believe we started working on the framing around Oct 2017.

Thanks for all the feeback and positive comments everyone has given, they provide the extra motivation need to inspire my sticktoitaveness!

Comment

Looking really good!

Comment

I went out the cabin alone again this past weekend. On the way out I picked up a special order of R-panel cut to 45" for the bottom part of the exterior walls.

I did not want to fight hanging plywood on the walls again alone because last time I almost killed myself. I stuck to easier jobs that have to get done and can be done by one person.

First I finished installing the remaining windows on the exterior walls I got up last week. Only had 3 more windows to do so that went pretty fast. Pic 1

Second I had some left over tar paper from the roof so I decided to wrap the bottom for added protection. Pics 2 & 3

Last I added the R-Panel to the bottom of the walls. 3 sides of the cabin got completed from on the bottom. Pics 3-5

Next Saturday I am going to make another 1 day trip to get the z molding and the corner molding done, and maybe even get some of the Cedar Siding installed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Coming along!

Comment

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

awesome project

Comment

Wow! What a great project!

Comment

Whats the plan for trimming around the windows where the metal hits them? I hate to break it to you, but you should have trim there already that the R-panels tuck into. This helps keep water and bugs and other critters out.

Place looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                              Whats the plan for trimming around the windows where the metal hits them? I hate to break it to you, but you should have trim there already that the R-panels tuck into. This helps keep water and bugs and other critters out.

Place looks amazing!
                              Yes I figured that out the hard way. I plan to pull those around the windows off and re-cut them if needed. going to use either metal J channel and Z-bar trim at the top transition.

another thought is to use cedar wood for the trim. what do you think would be better and or easier?

Comment

You shouldn't need to re-cut anything, they have a gap that allows the R-panels to slide into them. Unfortunately it is going to be a PIA to do now.

I would start on one side of the window and pull off sheets until you get past the window. Run the trim and then try to get the metal back in. They have a couple different trims available, I would get J trim and not the jamb trim, it is a pain to work with. The trim has a long back leg that helps seal everything off.

Comment

Working...
                                X