No announcement yet.

Welding trailer build along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir I wish I did. I've got a cutting torch, couple squares, few grinders and 4 welding machines. Before I had a torch I'd bend metal by cutting the marked line 2/3 of the way through with a 6"x .040 cutoff wheel on a metabo, then open that cut up with a hard wheel on my 4.5" grinder. Put my man paws on it till I got the correct angle then stitch up the cut. It's still the easiest way I bend sheet iron with the minimal amount of metal working tools I have, and it does not warp from the heat of the rosebud head on my torch. I've bent 3/16" down to 14ga by hand that way and it leaves the pretty broke edge on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
      No sir I wish I did. I've got a cutting torch, couple squares, few grinders and 4 welding machines. Before I had a torch I'd bend metal by cutting the marked line 2/3 of the way through with a 6"x .040 cutoff wheel on a metabo, then open that cut up with a hard wheel on my 4.5" grinder. Put my man paws on it till I got the correct angle then stitch up the cut. It's still the easiest way I bend sheet iron with the minimal amount of metal working tools I have, and it does not warp from the heat of the rosebud head on my torch. I've bent 3/16" down to 14ga by hand that way and it leaves the pretty broke edge on the face.
      Impressive! Mucho kudos on the build.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Love it! Post step-by-step pics the next time you bend something. I was going to ask if you had a brake also....very nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
            Love it! Post step-by-step pics the next time you bend something. I was going to ask if you had a brake also....very nice work.
            Will do

Comment

Will do
              Looks great! Just seeing this. I need to raise/box in the lights on my Big Tex. I get why they leave them exposed on the bottom, but muy malo if you have to drive through the pasture.

Comment

Nice work sir.

Comment

Impressive build.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice set up.

Comment

Impressive project, thanks for sharing.

Comment

This is awesome, really good work. Keep that sucker stored indoors and anchored to the ground when not in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          This is awesome, really good work. Keep that sucker stored indoors and anchored to the ground when not in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Gotta keep it his so no one wants to borrow it!

Comment

Nice job. I did the same thing when I made the bends for my top on my SXS. Just takes time.

Comment

Pretty darn talented!

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                                Nice job. I did the same thing when I made the bends for my top on my SXS. Just takes time.
                                Yessir it does but it sure looks clean when time is took......

Comment

Working...
                                X