Hog Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Lights

I’m wanting to get a hog light for bowhunting. I’ve seen the stabilizer mounted ones, and the feeder mounted ones. What have y’all used, and what are the pros and cons.
    What would you recommend?
    What about seeing where they run after the shot?

Thanks in advance,
    Grumpy

Sniper hog lights for the brand.

I’ve used both feeder and bow mounted lights. The feeder light I had back in the day wasn’t bright enough to shoot with a bow, so it was just so you can see. Then once the pigs or coons got there you use your bow light to shoot

But if I was to do it over again, I’d just buy a light, then just turn it on when you can hear them. There is also some solar lights off amazon that come in different colors you can hang from your feeder that a lot of people on here have great luck with. They are 38.99 I believe

As for seeing where they run, just get you some nockturnals or whatever lighted nock you wanna use and just make a good shot and if the arrow stays in then, chances are you’ll see a glowing nock with a pig at the end of it, or just follow blood.

If your sight doesn’t have a light already, get a adjustable one. You’ll need it to see your pins

Comment

My thoughts:, don't get the NAP Apache stabilizer with the light, it is crap I have returned three due to breaking or not being manufactured correctly. I had one with no way to get the battery out. It was like it was welded shut. The last one the LED came off of the circuit board. Cheap crap.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a few solar powered flood lights from Northern tools for around $25. Painted the lense with green glass paint from Hobby Lobby. Mounted it on 1' 2x6 and ratchet strapped it to a tree. This has worked well for me, never had it spook any animals. I mounted mine over a pig pipe.

Comment

If you are going to be stationary (ie hunt the same stand at night) go with the feeder light of your choice

If you will be roaming then go with the stabilizer light

Just my .02

Variable power pin light (or check out the thread about the glow in the dark tape) and a way to find your peep in the dark are good to do also.

Comment

I have 2 of the original hawg lights I will sell for $30 tyd. They need a little work but work

Comment

Thanks for the input.
              As far as the Hawg Lights, I'm not ready just yet, just trying to get an idea of how to go about this. Thank you thoughLightning48.

Comment

Coyote reaper stabilizer light works really good

Comment

Walmart has a flood light that is solar powered and motion sensored that I use. I got some neon green spray paint and it works awesome. Will light up a big area. I still have deer hitting this feeder all the time too so it doesn't scare them off.

That is the one I bought but it is the single lense one. Around $20.

Comment

ctyp3, that's awesome. I'll definitely look into it.

Thanks

Comment

Sniper Hog lights are the way to go, the lights have a super long battery life and put off enough light to shoot but yet not too much where it scares the pigs away.

Comment

Sniper hawg lites are awesome. If you're wanting to switch sites then I recommend the Apex Covert Pro. Single illuminated light with 11 brightness settings.

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
                          Sniper Hog lights are the way to go, the lights have a super long battery life and put off enough light to shoot but yet not too much where it scares the pigs away.

Every day and twice on Sunday. Have had a blast this year with it stalking pigs after dark.

Comment

Moultrie hog feeder light at academy for $48.99 works great, been dropping hogs at the feeder 100yds out with that light on there. It has an optional solar panel if you can ever find one.

Comment

I’ve actually been using dusk to dawn solar powered LED lights for years and years, all in the standard white or soft white. No color needed. They have never spooked any of my wildlife. And they are cheap as heck. Just seek out what ya need. Good Luck to ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X