What happened to common courtesy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to common courtesy?

Driving to work this morning, I noticed 18 wheeler on shoulder with flashers on, so I slowed down and got over because you never know what could happen. Anyways, the cars behind me never got over and about passed me......does anybody have common courtesy anymore? Not a lot bothers me while driving, but not getting over when a car is on the shoulder does. I understand there are times when you can't.....at least slow down if you can't get over!

Sorry, rant over

Times are changing and so is the country we live in. every time I attend a high school football game I get disgusted at how many people are sitting , talking, or wearing a hat during the national anthem. Absolutely makes my blood boil.

Comment

Too many warning labels and over-protection. Nature isn’t taking its course and dumbazzes are breeding at a higher rate than ever. Just sit in any mall in the country and watch people!��

Comment

Common courtesy has been replaced with political correctness.

Comment

About the only thing that really irks me anymore while driving is if I let you pull out or turn in front of me while I wait and hold up traffic you better give me the courtesy thank you wave. Its like holding the door for someone and them not saying thank you.

Comment

Too many people thinking "Not my problem"
            I too see it all the time that they don't slow down or move over.

I still shake my head that Texas has to do such a PR campaign about the Move Over/Slow Down law. - https://www.txdot.gov/driver/share-r...slow-down.html

Too many stupid people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
              Driving to work this morning, I noticed 18 wheeler on shoulder with flashers on, so I slowed down and got over because you never know what could happen. Anyways, the cars behind me never got over and about passed me......does anybody have common courtesy anymore? Not a lot bothers me while driving, but not getting over when a car is on the shoulder does. I understand there are times when you can't.....at least slow down if you can't get over!

Sorry, rant over
              My son drives a toe truck. I'm on pins and needles every day knowing he is on the side of the road somewhere. He's been grazed by a pickup mirror once. Luck has been on his side so far.
              Last edited by Goldeneagle; 11-08-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                About the only thing that really irks me anymore while driving is if I let you pull out or turn in front of me while I wait and hold up traffic you better give me the courtesy thank you wave. Its like holding the door for someone and them not saying thank you.
                That waving drives me nuts! They pull out and durn near stop so they can wave. Git on going!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                  This^^ every time

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to mention there is a slow down, move over law. Many people lose their lives every year as a result of what you just mentioned.

Comment

common courtesy left the building 10 years ago along with respect, manners, and treating people how you wish to be treated

Whole lotta Effed-upness in this Country and it's only getting worse

Comment

No different than the ones that cannot read road signs: “Left lane is for passing only.” Ignorant and or clueless. Our country is toilet water and someone has flushed the toilet and we are going down ghe drain way too fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          No different than the ones that cannot read road signs: “Left lane is for passing only.” Ignorant and or clueless. Our country is toilet water and someone has flushed the toilet and we are going down ghe drain way too fast!
                          People need to learn what "YIELD TO RAMP" means too.

Comment

Working...
                          X