Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ktboro21 View Post
    Just finished a 5 hour sit with no action. I thought the cold weather would have the deer up and moving but I was wrong. I did see a guy with a rifle. I flashed some orange his way and he turned and walked the other way. When I came out there was only one other truck with a lot of archery gear so I am guessing that guy took off.
    I'm still out here. Just had one blow about ten yards behind me but I never saw it. Not sure what triggered it. This morning was slow on both of my cameras. I was hoping for more movement this morning but maybe they are starting to stir a little now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been hunting this area for a long time and never came across anyone. Never on camera or ran into anyone during the season. I'm out here pretty regularly and today I stumbled upon this. With all the trees they cut down maybe that's why the traffic around here has slowed.

Comment

this may sound funny but I've been out 5 times last couple months lookin for pigs, havent seen 1. Seen a lot of deer. I've mostly been to Nails, Yegua once. Last spring before and after the flood they were everywhere. Is anyone else seeing the same or am I just having bad luck. Wondering if landowners knocked the numbers down during the flood when it pushed them up on dryer ground

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
          this may sound funny but I've been out 5 times last couple months lookin for pigs, havent seen 1. Seen a lot of deer. I've mostly been to Nails, Yegua once. Last spring before and after the flood they were everywhere. Is anyone else seeing the same or am I just having bad luck. Wondering if landowners knocked the numbers down during the flood when it pushed them up on dryer ground
          I saw a load of pigs together a few weeks ago on Nails but too far and too thick for a shot. They weren’t too far off the creek. I’m hunting Yegua this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
            I'm still out here. Just had one blow about ten yards behind me but I never saw it. Not sure what triggered it. This morning was slow on both of my cameras. I was hoping for more movement this morning but maybe they are starting to stir a little now.

I did an afternoon sit and things picked up. Ended up seeing 7 deer ( all doe). Saw several pigs today too.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
              Is this enough hogs for you?
              This picture was taken on 10-29.

Comment

All the right size too.

Comment

All the right size too.
                  Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                    Is this enough hogs for you?

This picture was taken on 10-29.

Hmmmmm all the pigs in one are no tree around noses in tall grass..... someone hand feeding?????? [emoji1690][emoji1690][emoji1690][emoji1690][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been hunting this area for a long time and never came across anyone. Never on camera or ran into anyone during the season. I'm out here pretty regularly and today I stumbled upon this. With all the trees they cut down maybe that's why the traffic around here has slowed.

Greenmonstah what part of the world is this in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinonabudget View Post
                        Greenmonstah what part of the world is this in?
                        #4 Lee County side. I have three spots and two cameras in the general area with a couple hundred yards separating them and have never seen anyone in years. Two of my spots are on either side of this tree stand. The main trails intersect right where this stand is so I was staged just off of these trails. The past couple weeks my traffic has died down considerably and then Friday I noticed this. I don't mind others setting up close especially when they don't know anyone is around but I guarantee they used the trail I made through the ragweed and thought that it was a heavy deer trail that went right into that treeline. They set up about thirty yards into the trees from my walking trail.

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                          Hmmmmm all the pigs in one are no tree around noses in tall grass..... someone hand feeding?????? [emoji1690][emoji1690][emoji1690][emoji1690][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I was wondering myself because that's the only picture they are spread out like that. On others, the same group just passes the area. There were no pictures of someone throwing any feed and I left a camera run for 10 days.
                          Last edited by verter; 11-06-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

#4 Lee County side. I have three spots and two cameras in the general area with a couple hundred yards separating them and have never seen anyone in years. Two of my spots are on either side of this tree stand. The main trails intersect right where this stand is so I was staged just off of these trails. The past couple weeks my traffic has died down considerably and then Friday I noticed this. I don't mind others setting up close especially when they don't know anyone is around but I guarantee they used the trail I made through the ragweed and thought that it was a heavy deer trail that went right into that treeline. They set up about thirty yards into the trees from my walking trail.
                            Not cool to do this after a month into the season.

Comment

Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

I had some idiot do the same thing. Except they left a extra ladder along a tree and some trash. Since the ladder was not secured and with trash (water and propel) I took that ladder.. another mans trash is another mans treasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do y'all tend to stay away from the pond/marshy areas to avoid any duck hunters? Or is nobody duck hunting out there anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X