No announcement yet.

Need Help Making Christmas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an older Hoyt set at 28” 60-70lbs, a dozen or so arrows, scott release, etc that I would be willing to give you

Comment

Great gesture, by you and all of you guys donating bow set ups!

Comment

I made a couple of these a while back for traditional shooting, PM me an address and I'll ship it to you. He may need it, at least at first.
        Attached Files

Comment

If none of those work out shoot me a pm. I have a 2001ish Renegade Tominator that has been sitting in the closet untouched for years. I think I shot it a couple of years ago and everything still worked fine. It is 27.5" draw length and 70 lb limbs. If interested I can pull it out and see what all it has on it. It should be ready to shoot but probably has an old 3 pin sight and 2 prong rest.

Comment

I know theres some pretty good arguments on here about various topics.....but its these kind of threads that show what TBH is all about.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like the older boy may be taken care of. I have a crossbow I can donate to the younger one if needed. Let me know. Bolts included.

Comment

That's awesome, Great gesture. Wish i had some smaller stuff for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                  I just talked to my neighbor, who is a single mom of 2 boys, around the ages of 14 & 12. She let it be known to me that she will get paid 2 more times before Christmas. With bills and such, she doesn't know how she will make Christmas.

With that said, I want to help out with the oldest for now. You see, about a month ago, I had put a new rest on my bow. I was out in the yard to dial it back in. Man, was she way off. I over shot my bag. I looked forever being this was a brand new arrow and never found it. Couple days later, I was out shooting again. The boy came over with my arrow. He found it right at the corner of my place by the road while walking home from the school bus. That thing had to hit something to deflect that far over. Anyways, he is holding my arrow in one hand and his bow in the other. Don't know what kind, just a cheap youth bow that you probably get at Wal Mart. So I'm looking at him and this bow and can clearly see he has "out grown" this thing. He then says to me, "Can you help me sight my bow in?" So, I ask, you got any arrows? No he says. Picture this, it has one pin. One of those old screw in brass looking pins, something I used back in the 80's. The look on his face broke my heart when I told him my arrows won't work for that bow.

What I want to do is set him up with a "real" bow. Not looking for a high end bow. Something I can buy without putting a lot of money into it. I went over later and got a ball park measurement on his draw length, which is 27 1/2". If anybody has a good cheap bow around that draw range and want to sell, shoot me a PM. Would really like something already set up and get this kid going come Christmas. Going to see what the youngest one wants as well and try to do something for him as well.

My neighbor doesn't know I'm trying to do this, so DON'T TELL HER!!!

The problem with most bows I see being offered for donation is they are 70# bows. For a novice that’s going to be tough.

Maybe a better suggestion would be to pool money together and get him something like the modern version of a Diamond Edge now that has a large draw length adjustment and weigh adjustment. It would fit him now and grow with him.

I’ll sure donate. Fishindude could probably offer some reasonably priced options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am in for a donation.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                      Sounds like the older boy may be taken care of. I have a crossbow I can donate to the younger one if needed. Let me know. Bolts included.
                      Now that right there sir is awesome and great thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                        I have some bolts to throw in..scope to if needed. Tell me where to ship em.

Comment

I’ve got a PSE Nova that’s about
                          50# and 29” draw. Has a
                          Rest, sight, release and case...prob a few
                          Arrows too.

Comment

This place never disappoints. Y'all are awesome. If I can help pm me I have a bunch of arrows.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

OP, sent you a PM. Let me know.

Comment

I can get my stuff to Tyler.

Right @sambo73 [emoji4][emoji56]
                                Love you brother [emoji3059]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Working...
                                X