Need Help Making Christmas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Making Christmas!!!

I just talked to my neighbor, who is a single mom of 2 boys, around the ages of 14 & 12. She let it be known to me that she will get paid 2 more times before Christmas. With bills and such, she doesn't know how she will make Christmas.
    With that said, I want to help out with the oldest for now. You see, about a month ago, I had put a new rest on my bow. I was out in the yard to dial it back in. Man, was she way off. I over shot my bag. I looked forever being this was a brand new arrow and never found it. Couple days later, I was out shooting again. The boy came over with my arrow. He found it right at the corner of my place by the road while walking home from the school bus. That thing had to hit something to deflect that far over. Anyways, he is holding my arrow in one hand and his bow in the other. Don't know what kind, just a cheap youth bow that you probably get at Wal Mart. So I'm looking at him and this bow and can clearly see he has "out grown" this thing. He then says to me, "Can you help me sight my bow in?" So, I ask, you got any arrows? No he says. Picture this, it has one pin. One of those old screw in brass looking pins, something I used back in the 80's. The look on his face broke my heart when I told him my arrows won't work for that bow.
    What I want to do is set him up with a "real" bow. Not looking for a high end bow. Something I can buy without putting a lot of money into it. I went over later and got a ball park measurement on his draw length, which is 27 1/2". If anybody has a good cheap bow around that draw range and want to sell, shoot me a PM. Would really like something already set up and get this kid going come Christmas. Going to see what the youngest one wants as well and try to do something for him as well.
    My neighbor doesn't know I'm trying to do this, so DON'T TELL HER!!!

I'm your huckleberry. I have an older Hoyt that I would donate to the cause. Full disclosure: it's been in a case in my attic (winters) or closet (summers) for a few years. To my knowledge, there's not a thing in the world wrong with it, but I'm sure it could use a new string.

It's either 27 or 28" DL

Comment

Ill donate to it if we can find a bow for the kid

Comment

Great!!! Where are you located and what will you take for it!!!

Comment

I've got sight, whisker biscuit and 6 GT Warrior arrows. They're 340 spine

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I'm in Tyler, but travel frequently to Palestine / Crockett / Groveton.

Let me get it out this evening and see what she looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
              I'm in Tyler, but travel frequently to Palestine / Crockett / Groveton.

Let me get it out this evening and see what she looks like.
              Take a look at it and let me know. I travel up 79 all the time heading to Carthage to hunt, so Tyler isn't that far out of the way. I'm about to head for bed since I started my 7 day night run last nite.
              Just want to thank everybody that has reached out thus far.
              This place never ceases to Amaze me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Take a look at it and let me know. I travel up 79 all the time heading to Carthage to hunt, so Tyler isn't that far out of the way. I'm about to head for bed since I started my 7 day night run last nite.
                Just want to thank everybody that has reached out thus far.
                This place never ceases to Amaze me!!!
                My MIL is right outside Carthage. My wife is going over there tomorrow.

Comment

I have a complete package for the kid he can have. I believe its a Parker Wildfire XP. I am not 100% on that. Loaded with case. Its at the ranch but could bring it back to The Woodlands after this weekend. If not I will be in Buffalo/Centerville hunting this weekend. It will probably need a tune up, but I have killed many deer with it.

Comment

I'll donate arrows, heads, or release. Just let me know what he will need.

Comment

please keep us updated with what is needed.

Comment

I don't have a bow, but could donate some $'s for these young men via Payapl.

Comment

[QUOTE=jbhlsu;14460123]I have a complete package for the kid he can have. I believe its a Legend XP. Loaded with case. Its at the ranch but could bring it back to The Woodlands after this weekend. If not I will be in Buffalo/Centerville hunting this weekend. It will probably need a tune up, but I have killed many deer with it.
                          Thanks Joey

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                            I would do this as well. Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                              I sent him a PM with the same offer, he doesn't have PayPal. Trying to figure out an alternate method to contribute even if it's sending a check.

Comment

Working...
                              X